How do I keep pups from lowering themselves?

fragglerick

• Members

The only problem with rubber tubing is that it will dry out and crumble after a while. Becoming useless.

The springs you trimmed were not meant to be trimmed to make it easier for you to put them back on the height adjustment bolt.

They were meant to be compressed and placed on the bolt to support the p'up's height.

The trick is to use dental floss with a small loop tied on one end and use it to keep the spring compressed while you thread that bolt back into the p'up base. Then cut off the floss and away you go.

• Members

The only problem with rubber tubing is that it will dry out and crumble after a while. Becoming useless.

The springs you trimmed were not meant to be trimmed to make it easier for you to put them back on the height adjustment bolt.

They were meant to be compressed and placed on the bolt to support the p'up's height.

The trick is to use dental floss with a small loop tied on one end and use it to keep the spring compressed while you thread that bolt back into the p'up base. Then cut off the floss and away you go.

The dental floss trick is a good one, thanks.

FWIW the pups were sinking before I trimmed the springs. I trimmed them thinking there was too much tension (they were practically bottoming out) on them.

Archived