What are some kool pedals you guys use? and how many do you use?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I don't use very many pedals because I don't like them that much. I tend to put the best pickups in my guitars and rely on them to give me my tone. I'm sure if I could try out more pedals I'd find some I love. Especially overdrive and distortion pedals. But no stores I know carry everything. The pedals I like and use now are two crybabys including the regular and the 95Q, a Vox 847 wah and a Boss digital delay DD-5.

Do you use all three wah pedals at once? I mean do you alternate between what ever pedal you're feeling at the time or do you have them in the chain? Is this a stupid question lol?

• Members

Favorites:

Matchless Hot Box
Prescription Vibe Unit
Demeter Tremulator
Line 6 DL4
MXR Script Phase 90
Bixonic Expandora
Ampeg Scrambler
Fulltone 69 Pedal
Fulltone 70 Pedal
Hughes & Keltner Tube Rotosphere
Arion Stereo Chorus
Vox Wah
Digitech XL400 Reverb Pedal
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Danelectro Danecho

• Members

I'm currently using: TS-9, Dano Cool Cat Chorus, MXR Phase 90, MXR Distortion +. My fave is my Dano Cool Cat. I don't use it a lot but when I need chorus, it always delivers just the sound I'm looking for. The pedal I use most is the TS-9.

• Members

My guitar into....

1. Planet Waves Tuner
2. MXR Dynacomp - Not crazy about this pedal, but it will do...
3. Visual Sound Jekyll/Hyde OD/Dist - I love this pedal
4. Visual Sound H2O - Chorus/Analog delay - I don't use this much, but I really like what it does when I do need it...

• Members

Normally a FCB-1010 to control my rack, and a Crybaby wah.

I have a little extra board for small jobs. Currently with a Ibanez tuner, a Marshall Bluesbreaker II, a Marshall Guvnor I (yes, the old black one), a Danelectro Tunamelt tremolo, a Digitech Digidelay and a small LCD clock (no kidding).

• Members
Board A
Ernie Ball Volume Jr > Boss TU2 > Jim Dunlop Bass Wah > Electro Harmonics Big Muff Pi > Xotic Robotalk Ring Modulator > Ibanez TS9DX > Boss PH2 > Digitech Whammy 4 > Maxon AD999 >

Board B
Boss DD3 > Boss DD6 > Boss DD5 w/ Boss FS2 Extension > Line6 FM4 w/ Line6 Expression pedal > Line6 DL4 w/ Line6 Expression pedal > Boss NS2 > Morley Little Alligator Volume Pedal

Fun Fun Fun :D

• Members

I am in a transitional phase right now.

'Til a few weeks ago, my pedalboard was:

Guitar-->George Lynch Dragon Wah-->Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive-->Zoom Tri-Metal-->Marshall Guv'nor Plus-->EHX Metal Muff w/ Top Boost (full size)-->Danelectro Fish n' Chips EQ-->Danelectro Dan-Echo-->Korg AX3G

Now, it's

Guitar-->George Lynch Dragon Wah-->Damage Control Liquid Blues-->Damage Control Solid Metal-->Danelectro Fish n' Chips EQ (set up for my Ghost III)-->Danelectro Fish n' Chips EQ (set up for my highly customized Fender strat)-->Danelectro Dan-Echo-->Korg AX3G.

And when I finish selling the first section's four distortion pedals, it will be:

Guitar-->George Lynch Dragon Wah-->Damage Control Liquid Blues-->Damage Control Solid Metal-->Danelectro Fish n' Chips EQ 1-->Danelectro Fish n' Chips EQ 2-->Damage Control Glass Nexus.

Obviously, I think the Damage Control pedals are cool. But if others don't I'm not going to hate :) They've got a great sound, I wish I was the only one using it so only I could have that tone! I have MAJOR lust for the Glass Nexus - a tube-buffered 32-bit DSP engine, powered by one of the best and most recently made audio DSP chips in the industry. It does Delay and Reverb, plus one effect of your choice from several types of chorus, flanger, phaser, vibrato, etc. Homina homina!

The deal with DC pedals is that they all incorperate two 12AX7 tubes. In the distortion pedals, their operation is straightforward - two 12AX7 (Electro-Harmonix) tubes biased at 250V a piece (it's been measured, not just a gimmick, they're in the circuit providing the distortion) and powerful EQ options. The Liquid Blues has an optical compressor before anything else, and it's very smooth and transparent (though you can dial in a nice "Squash" at full on)...

Pretty cool. I won't go on and on, I ramble. :)

Archived