What covers will fit Seymour Duncan Pickups?

danuniversal

• Members

Gibson's didn't work for me either. The cover's are a hit or miss. I don't know exactly. why. But you might want to try GC and pick-up a set of Pro-Line. I had better luck with them than others. You could order the SD cover's also if Nickle is what you need.

• Members

There are going to be variations for the string spacing on pickup covers for "normally" spaced pups vs. "F-space" pups. Plus the spacing is already going to vary depending on the position of the pickup (neck, bridge, etc.) and where it sits on the body.....so, unfortuneatly the only sure way to find a match is to try a bunch until one hts right.....

• Members

In my experience, the only pickup covers that fit Duncan pickups are Duncan pickup covers. You can jam some Gibson's on, but the pole piece holes don't always line up correctly and you have to be careful not to damage the pickups wiring.

• Members

Aside from the bridge/neck pole spacing and the F spaced or Normal cover's? I have still found it difficult to match aftermarket cover's onto Seymour Duncan and Gibson for that matter.

Wasn't so much the pole spacing but the size of the covers seemed to small. They just wouldn't slip right over the pick-up. Right from the start it was to tight of a fit.

But if the cover's go right over and the poles line up? Your GOLDEN.

I have a Brand New set of Chrome cover's that I saved off of a Ibanez Artcore that I trashed the pick-ups on. Not a scratch on them. I'm gonna see if I can put them on my Gibson Explorer's pick-ups 496/500T set.

In theory they should go right on? But I'll get back to you and let you know. This is a good case of what I am talking about. None of these pick-ups are F-Spaced humbuckers. And theirs neck for the neck and a bridge for the bridge spacing? So as I mentioned, in theory, they should go right on?

But from fooling with this many times in the past. I know better.

Archived