Another good Gibson idea gone bad!

kentuckyklira

• Members

Me.

The BFG looked kinda cool on the MF site . . . then I saw it in person.

* pukes *

Why couldn't they make a non-shimmery-homo version of it?

It looks like Izaac Mizrahi designed after a meth-fueled gangbang at Elton John's mansion.

• Members

Thinking about it ... the body balance is probably not too dissimilar to my Lace Cybercaster

547361.jpgcybercaster.jpg

Now that Lace guitar is hot!

It's funny though... the more people post this reverse Explorer and talk about how ugly it is (mind you I believe I (not trying to brag, just using it to explain my change of heart) started the first post about it) the more I kinda like it. I don't know why... :idk: but I can't help myself!:freak:

• Members

Now that Lace guitar is hot!

It's funny though... the more people post this reverse Explorer and talk about how ugly it is (mind you I believe I (not trying to brag, just using it to explain my change of heart) started the first post about it) the more I kinda like it. I don't know why...
:idk:
but I can't help myself!
:freak:

Funderbunk has also a Cybercaster - to me it was always like a rosewood telecaster that was photoshopped ... you pull on two corners and that is what happens ... in any case it is a nice and original guitar. The pickups are a tad dull for my taste but it has its uses

As to the reverse Explorer becoming more and more attractive as people are arguing against it ... social psychologists would have to say something about it I guess ...

• Members

547361.jpg

Whoever designed the headstock deserves to be shot!
:mad:

Actually, I kinda like that one, except I agree, the headstock leaves me :confused:

But it also doesn't look at all comfy.

But I get off of the aged pickup cover look and the lightening bolt shaped pickguard AND the finish color of the body.

Here's some odd cropped closeups.

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Products/GOTM/ReverseExplorer/

• Members

Here is a good idea for Gibson, heck, I'll even give it to them for free. Stick with your tried and true designs and return back to basics. Increase quality controls, lower pricing on standard models.

I wonder how much money Gibson spent coming up with that atrocity?

Tried and true models?

They do make them...

nothing new there.

Keep in mind, the odd ball models are never in production long.

Increase in QC has already happened DRAMATICALY within the last 2 years.

Lowering prices would make absolutely NO sense for a few reasons.

In a practical sense, you have to consider that first of all, Gibsons have ALWAYS been expensive. Relative to what a Les Paul cost in the 50's, they pretty much go for the same price today.

Also, a lot of the perceived value of higher end products is merely in the price tag, Gibson is no exception. Take a Les Paul Studio vs a Standard if you want a clearer picture of this.

And ultimately, despite their price tags, they are selling VERY well.

A deduction in price could lead to two things. From a business standpoint for Gibson, this reduced perception in value could quite simply lower sales, and who would want that?

Now, lets persume the opposite of that happens (which is possible, just not likely IMO) and that sales sky-rocket! From a consumer standpoint, this would actually be bad, because Gibson is already at a production level that is very MAXED out. The QC issues so many seemed to be worried about would become even more of a problem than they are now.

• Members

Can't Gibson just stick with the originals? Who wants a BFG or a Goth Elite Soy Decaf Psuedo Explorer with Italian Mint Syrup?

if they did some tone-deaf troll in this forum would go on about how dated they are, or how they aren't innovative. Oh wait--some troll already has:)

• Members

Funderbunk has also a Cybercaster - to me it was always like a rosewood telecaster that was photoshopped ... you pull on two corners and that is what happens ... in any case it is a nice and original guitar. The pickups are a tad dull for my taste but it has its uses

Funny you mention that... I'm considering trying the Lace Alumitone humbuckers in mine, or maybe some of the latest PBF 'buckers from Bartolini.

• Members

......Increase in QC has already happened DRAMATICALY within the last 2 years......

curious who exactly measures this stuff, aside from self-appointed nerd-squads that post on the net. raised standards and such (in the QC process itself) might be important too, but i;d like to know at least that gasoline-huffing rednecks arent arent the ones insisting that QC has improved dramatically.

• Members

if they did some tone-deaf troll in this forum would go on about how dated they are, or how they aren't innovative. Oh wait--some troll already has:)

If by that you mean Leo Fender then by all means. But if you are trying to insult me, you have completely missed my point.:thu:

Archived