ATTENTION PEOPLE LOOKIN FOR A NICE GUITAR

kamzan18

• Members

i wish i could spend this kind of money. Its {censored}in awesome. I've never seen this type of guitar but ive already showed it to like 3 of my friends on aim. Maybe some of you guys (or even most) don't think it looks that great but I think I'm in love:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Pacifica-1412-Flame-Top-Custom-very-RARE-MINT_W0QQitemZ320229703598QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

heh i think it puts almost all of ours to shame. The cool thing is that its in that condition and its already 17 years old. At least thats when it was supposedly manufactured from the guy's site. I have no idea how it sounds or whatever anyway... but i imagine its at least decent for 1 and a half grand being a yamaha

• Members

i wish i could spend this kind of money. Its {censored}in awesome. I've never seen this type of guitar but ive already showed it to like 3 of my friends on aim. Maybe some of you guys (or even most) don't think it looks that great but I think I'm in love:

Yammy makes some great axes.

• Members

I think we (at least I was) talking only about our Pacificas. Come on, are there really better ones out there?

Pacificas back then were expensive instruments. This model was used by Rik Emmett.

http://www.rikemmett.com/index.php

I had a similar one, the 1421. The 1412 has tone chambers as well as a nice maple top. I don't recall the price of the 1412, but the 1421 without chambers or a fancy top was around $1600.

Mine was exactly like this one:

[YOUTUBE]OfcVEw44soI[/YOUTUBE]

It had neck binding, the quality was flawless, the inlays were a combination of mother of pearl and abalone. A beauty.

I once offered it to a friend who is a monster shredder. He got it for a week and returned it to me since he did not have the money, and he told me: "Don't ever sell this guitar. It's amazing."

Btw, I had never seen this video. I did not know he used one. I used to play Carlos' Song of the Wind on mine :)

Great instruments with innovative ideas at the time.

They were designed by Rich Lasner, who was also behind the Weddington series..

http://www.novacron.com/index.php/main/view/rich_lasner_on_the_yamaha_pacifica_series/

• Members

One thing to consider is that so far the price has been set by the buyers ;)

Whether or not it meets the seller's reserve price that's a different story, but obviously some people are more than willing to pay >$2K for this guitar.

Is it worth it? That's subjective. But build quality, materials, quality control, attention to detail, etc., were certainly impressive for that line of Pacificas and Weddingtons. IMO much better than some of the >$2K guitars I've played. They are no longer made and this one is in superb condition. I would have paid probably $1500 tops. But again, this is subjective. For some people it's clearly worth more. And so far it is cheaper than the Jackson PC-1 :D

Archived