NGD!!! Brian May Sig.

lewzer

• Members

I ordered this one a week from today and got it in 3 days so thanks to Music123 for that. Excuse the blurriness, and my dads collection of boots.

GEDC0042.jpg

GEDC0043.jpg

I went ahead took advantage of the $100 off deal and got the Brian May sig, and for $700 it's a great deal. There are so many tones to be found in this thing. I'm get lost sometimes with all the switches, but it's a lot of fun. It sounds great for a lot of different styles.

The neck is pretty wide on this one, so some people may be turned off by that. It doesn't bother me though. It's not a very thick neck, nor is it very thin, so it's great to me. Also, the 42" scale is a bit different, especially when standing up. It feels great while sitting though.

So, overall I'm very pleased with this one. I like the finish even better in person and it's an all around great playing and great sounding guitar.

• Members

42" scale?
:cop:

I bet with some 8s on there like May uses, bends would be super easy.

It also has a pretty round fretboard radius though, but 8's are easy to bend on any guitar. It comes stock with 9s, but I may try a 9-46 set or something since I normally use 10s.

• Members

Great guitar isn't it? I love mine to death and the big fat neck is the best part. Another thing is that between the short 24 fret scale and the ebony fretboard you can bend the living {censored} out of a note.

The Trisonic pickups are so underrated, they're kind of like a strat/P-90 mix and with all the switches I can get some unique tones, but some of them are like a tele and some are like a strat, but the mid and bridge in series is like a big fat frickin humbucker.

Another thing I was really surprised with was that the tremolo is pretty stable even when bending and it returns to pitch pretty well even though it is a 'vintage' style.

HFNGD! :thu:

• Members

Great guitar isn't it? I love mine to death and the big fat neck is the best part. Another thing is that between the short 24 fret scale and the ebony fretboard you can bend the living {censored} out of a note.

The Trisonic pickups are so underrated, they're kind of like a strat/P-90 mix and with all the switches I can get some unique tones, but some of them are like a tele and some are like a strat, but the mid and bridge in series is like a big fat frickin humbucker.

Another thing I was really surprised with was that the tremolo is pretty stable even when bending and it returns to pitch pretty well even though it is a 'vintage' style.

HFNGD!
:thu:

Which finish did you get? I had the hardest time deciding, but I think I did alright. This guitar just feels better every time I pick it up. I love the shorter scale with 24 frets. Endless fret access...

• Members

Wow...they're coming out with all kinds of finishes on those things, aren't they? I'm so used to seeing the classic Red/black combo that it's hard to get used to seeing different colors.

Very nice! Have fun playing with all the switches.

• Members

Awesome. I've been GASsing for one of these really hard recently. How is the action, and general build quality? Also, how well does it stay in tune?

General build quality is great. The finish at the neck joint isn't perfect. The color around the joint is a little lighter than the rest of the guitar, but overall it feels solid and plays good. There's also tiny spot in the binding close to the joint. They guys at the local store even looked it over and said it was good to go.

I'll need to set it up just a bit better. The 5th and 6th strings buzz a bit more than I would like, but it's still very playable out of the box. I'm also glad it comes with some nice big strap buttons and not the tiny Gibson ones. It holds my Couch guitar strap perfectly.

So far, I'm having no trouble keeping it in tune. I can even get kind of rough with the trem bar and it holds its tuning just fine.

Archived