Bamboo. The new tonewood!

Frets99

• Members

Say it with me.. Bambusa! BAM BOO SA!!!

Very cool idea, I love it. Hopefully they sound really nice so they can become mainstream.

In my head I can hear Seinfeld and George going through a Bam boo saa, Bam boo saaaa! fit in the coffee shop

jerry-seinfeld-george-costanza_434x287.j

On a different note (PDF):

Eco-Friendly Green Bamboo Guitar - Inspired by the unique electric guitar First Act

• Members

You know, it's absolutely tragic that a company and website gets a mention in the NEWS, and you go to their site and there's not 1 single thing about it.

The only article on green guitars is an old one that does not concern bamboo.

What a massive missed opportunity for them
:(

Relax. If bamboo makes great guitars they will be hailed. :)

• Members

"Paul says Sealaska's own numbers showed that, without significant changes, "they would be out of their old-growth within 15 years," and credits the company with showing "a lot of leadership and a lot of willingness to explore" sustainability solutions.

Boak puts the level of threat to old-growth woods like this: "If 1 is totally plentiful and 10 is completely unavailable, I think spruce is a 6, and I'd put mahogany at 7.5 and ebony at 8." Demand from China and political pressure within certain countries to restrict rare-wood exports after decades of mismanagement means "the price will go up and they will become rarer and rarer."

hmmmm I shouldn't wait too long...

on the other hand this guitar doesn't look bad

getimageaspxmkiixdte03ypa1.jpg

Archived