show me your r9s!

ilovemystrat

• Members

here's a R9 I sold and still have sellers remorse. It was a rare bird beeing a darkburst plaintop and sounded outstandingly good. I sold it to pay for what I thought will be my forever dream guitar, a 2003 Murphy aged R9 with brazilian rosewood fretboard (shown below). I do however not bond with it so it stays in teh case for investment purposes only (yeah, I am that kind of guy..)

lespaul016.jpg' alt='>'>

murphy_5.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

here's a R9 I sold and still have sellers remorse. It was a rare bird beeing a darkburst plaintop and sounded outstandingly good. I sold it to pay for what I thought will be my forever dream guitar, a 2003 Murphy aged R9 with brazilian rosewood fretboard (shown below). I do however not bond with it so it stays in teh case for investment purposes only (yeah, I am that kind of guy..)

Does "I do..not bond with it" mean the tone isn't very good on it?

Yeah, for me I'd take that plain top everytime over a flame. It's gorgeous.

• Members

Does "I do..not bond with it" mean the tone isn't very good on it?

No, the guitar is great. I do not like the Burstbuckers and I don't want to f*ck around with it, new pu's, pots etc. to keep its utmost collectors value (y'know, the 'untouched solder blabla'-bull{censored}). And I have a R7 goldie, too which I dearly love and which gets all the LP playtime. :wave:

Archived