New McCartney Video

• Members

Oh.
:)

I guess it sort of sounds derogatory though, many seem to think that's a bad thing, and it has sort of plagued McCartney, that perception...

but anyway, I think heavyweight is
way
overrated.
:p
Thinking is overrated, too.

it's funny though, as a Beatle fan, I tend to stupidly click on Beatle related threads as it's the only thing I'm interested in really, and they always seem to turn into these semi-negative arguments, usually where some are saying they're overrated, or Ringo's no good, or some such BS, and then others are trying to explain why they
are
good and so on as if they need any defending for chrissakes....it's so kooky.

Exactly. It isn't that there's anything wrong with being lightweight--it's just that Paul McCartney has been accused by critics of cranking out fluff for so long, you'd think he'd want to challenge that perception a little bit. But good for him if he doesn't care.

I do think it's great for a legendary artist such as himself to be so devoid of self-consciousness that he can knock off a little ditty like that. He still seems to retain an almost childlike enthusiasm for music even after all these decades. I'm a nobody, and I don't even think I could write a song that simple; I'd be too afraid. Paul McCartney has never lost sight of the fact that at it's core, music is just supposed to be fun. You don't really need to take it that seriously. And paradoxically, I think that's what is part of his appeal. A lot of artists forget that. Probably why there are so many boring artists around.

I've never been a fan of Macca.

I agree, it is catchy... but then would anybody give a rat's ass if it was composed / performed by any other person?

I prefer Peter gabriel, Sting, Gilmour ... at least they still seem interested on making actual good, well elaborated music with some sense on their lyrics. I guess there are too many other guys for "light" stuff which, by the way, I also enjoy :)

It is good to see him alive and making music, tough.

But hey, it is all right:

Good for his fans if they enjoy the song...

... and Good for his non-fans to know why we don't like him.

Archived