Straps

Heaven's Gate

• Members

Been lurking for about a month now and decided to get an account. I have several guitars and wonder about others that have more than one guitar. Do you have a personalized strap for each guitar or one strap that you use for all and just take it off every time you change guitars.

Thank you for your answers.

• Members

One for each guitar. Decent nylon straps are cheap. I have several Ernie Ball straps. Comfy and affordable.

If I could afford it though, I would use No. 1 Stretch straps on all of my guitars. I only have one now.

Where do I find stretch straps? I searched MF but nothing came up.

• Members
  • Members

I've got 8 electrics. Every one of them has their own Levy's Suede strap with straplocks.

It's totally unnecessary, but I pack all my guitars so that I can literally grab one and run out the door to a gig, and everything I need is in the case. No searching around for anything.

• Members

More guitars than straps. The guitars, and basses, with straploks share straps with guitar/bass having similar straploks (I have 2 styles). Guitars and basses w/o strap loks share about 4 straps. The straploks are on my workhorses and favs.

• Members

23 guitars, 23 straps.

Of all kinds. Most are color co-ordinated. Like a little flash of the guitar's color some where.

Some have strap locks most don't.

If I had only one strap for all those guitars, the strap's peg holes would be worn out in no time with out strap locks.

So if all your guitars had strap lock pegs and you only had one strap, I guess you'd have a lot of spare strap lock strap connectors.

So the point of all of this is,...don't be cheap! Each guitar needs it's own strap.

• Members

I'm maybe one or two straps short of having one for every guitar. I do have one for every guitar that is a regular in my gigging rotation, and all of those have strap locks on them and are set to the length that I like them to be for that particular guitar.

I've got a few guitars that don't have strap locks on them, but they aren't regulars in my gigging rotation, so I've got one or two straps without locks on them so I can use those guitars when I want to.

• 9 months later...

Archived