why do you bother playing music?

Alchemist

• Members

Really? It's pretty easy to understand if you apply some logic.

I play because I have a guitar. I shoot stuff because I have a gun. I wrestle hobos because I have a natural talent. I make paper mache dolphins because I can't sleep.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah, I mean who the hell really would have any desire to be exposed to something new?
:rolleyes:

Nobody likes original songs; people hate them. I hate them, especially. Consider: Bob Dylan's first album had NO original songs. The first four albums of both the Beatles and the Rolling Stones were mostly covers.

I try never to listen to ANY song that I haven't heard at LEAST 20 times before.

• Members
Nobody like original songs; people hate them. I hate them, especially. Consider: Bob Dylan's first album had NO original songs. The first four albums of both the Beatles and the Rolling Stones were mostly covers.

I try never to listen to ANY song that I haven't heard at LEAST 20 times before.

:freak:

• Members
Because everybody would rather hear one note from Dave Gilmour than anything you could possibly string together, so why even bother?
:cop:

I get enjoyment from playing and BUYING :mad: new gear. I get real enjoyment from playing the simplest electrified notes and chords.

If you don't enjoy hearing what you play, why bother?

• Members

I have a strange feeling that a lot of people around here don't really play much music. They buy cheap guitars and amps, dick around with them, and then disect every little detail ad nauseam.

Then they get some feature in their head that they absolutely require like a 25.5" scale or a certain neck shape, like they are freakin' Eric Johnson or something.

Then they start bitching about how their tone capacitors or the value of their volume pots are all wrong, or the fretwire is the wrong gauge or some asinine detail.

Honestly, I don't notice any of that detail crap when I play. I just pick up the guitar and go with it. Fat neck? Hell yeah. Huge tone.

Skinny neck? Fun to play.

And I'm gonna bend the {censored} out of the strings no matter what the fretboard radius is or how big the frets are. I could care less.

Ebony? Rosewood? Maple? I love 'em all. They all sound and feel slightly different and I love the variety in the tone and feel of different guitars.

• Members

Honestly, I don't notice any of that detail crap when I play. I just pick up the guitar and go with it. Fat neck? Hell yeah. Huge tone.

Skinny neck? Fun to play.

And I'm gonna bend the {censored} out of the strings no matter what the fretboard radius is or how big the frets are. I could care less.

You sound like one of those musician people. All they wanna do is play. They don't know snot.

Sounds like the intonation on your mixolydian is ass backwards. Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Members
Because everybody would rather hear one note from Dave Gilmour than anything you could possibly string together, so why even bother?
:cop:

All I ask for is one note. Just one note from David Gilmour.

• Members

I've never been in a band, so grab yer grains of salt....

I do it because at certain times I like it. Not always, and I'm not even sure it's most of the time....but at certain times, I like the way *I* sound.

• Members

Who says that Franz Ferdinand do not take requests ;)

jbsOPl0WMFg

OK ... I put this clip actually because of the drummers (plural; stuff starts happening at 1:50). I am not a fan of Franz Ferdinand by any stretch but this is a good example of what it is about live music. Surprises. Energy. Excitement. Wrong notes and I do not care. Transmission of rhythm and melody from the muscians brain to the audiences brain. Common/communal experience. Rock 'n' Roll

PS Buscemi is back!

• Members

OK ... I put this clip actually because of the drummers (plural; stuff starts happening at 1:50). I am not a fan of Franz Ferdinand by any stretch but this is a good example of what it is about live music. Surprises. Energy. Excitement. Wrong notes and I do not care. Transmission of rhythm and melody from the muscians brain to the audiences brain. Common/communal experience. Rock 'n' Roll

PS Buscemi is back!

That song sounds strangely familiar.

• Members

why do i bother playing music?

cuz it makes it even easier to bang hot chicks. easier than i already have it.

and i'm lazy.

i remember when i was a gym junkie... bunch of people at work (men and women) were talking about why they go to the gym... the guys started going on about how a healthy body is a healthy mind etc... and that that's what motivates them.. i said "that's very noble of you... i do it so hot women will wanna shag me"

all the girls laughed... then the dudes started changing their stories... lyin' muffugas

Archived