Does this website make my butt look big? Feedback appreciated...

blue2blue

• Members

Thanks, Ed, I think I'm going to whip up some discreetly flashy Flash portfolio gallery display thing, so a change there is definitely gonna come...

UPDATE: I had to see what offramp's cool cut-out of my rumpled businessman image looked like in the page and I had to stop and say, Whoa, maybe this is [a certain kind of] destiny... Here's a screenshot of how it looked after I simply dropped the new pic in place of the old one -- with no formatting whatsoever of the free-form text next to it.

HappyAccidentLayoutNoFormatting.jpg

It looks a little like how I imagine it would look of anthropolgy professors had real estate agent-like websites... but you have to admit that the fit of the natural line breaks of the text fits pretty nicely with my increasingly odd-looking slouch. (Here and I thought I just looked relaxed when I first put the pic to use. MY 3DW friend who was advising me to make my personal images smaller also suggested I crop this one to cut out the folded arms which he thought made me look closed off. I thought it just made me look, you know, relaxed. And maybe a little passive aggressive...)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heh... a little creative for my tastes

Might be what you need, though. Whether it's what I've done, or what someone else would do, doesn't matter...maybe there's a need to travel on the edge of a comfort zone, ruffle it up a bit.

-- although the top one especially is very well done.

All I did was remove the background, desaturate a bit, and ran a blur brush around your edges.

But where'd ya get that picture?

Pulled it off the page, right after I loaded it.

• Members

Pulled it off the page, right after I loaded it.

Interesting. Must have been cached on your system from before because that image came down on 9/5.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help. And I really like the way the slouch works against the text in the image above... it's kind of tempting but, of course, any change in the copy or resizing and that little providential synergism evaporates like snow on the water.

;)

• Members

Interesting. Must have been cached on your system from before because that image came down on 9/5.

Whatever. Look at the posting date of my first post in this thread. That's about the time--within a few minutes--I had your site up in a new browser window, and dragged the pic off from it. It's really that simple.

Archived