Pics of Gear you have made.

Beckman

• Members

Post any thing you made: guitars, amps, pedals even pedal boards. I don't have anything to post. I made a pedal board, but it broke.

I have been thinking about making a pedal or small watt tube amp. I have to wait for my funds to pick up again though.

:snax:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I made an attenuator for my amp that actually works.

I made a kick pedal trigger for a cheap set of electronic drums out of some neoprene rubber and a 90 degree PVC pipe and a piezo element. I also made a variable high hat foot pedal.

Most of the other stuff I've made has been tools for setting up my guitars.

• Members

Very nice Larry. Can you tell us more about any of them?

Anything for a fellow Larry. :)

The top is the most recent-ash and maple, 25 1/2" scale, 24 fret, set neck. Nitro with no grain filler. Pau Ferro fretboard-the whole guitar started as three boards.

The blue is poplar with a maple neck and another Pau Ferro board, 2 P-90 pickups wired to volume and blend pots.

The neck-through is soft maple and walnut wings on a hard maple/padauk neck, I think it was a 25" scale (?) and wired with just a volume and pickup selector, like the ash one. The fretboard was the absolute LAST bubinga fretboard I'll ever make. :freak:

The bottom is African mahogany with a maple bolt on neck, 25 1/2" scale and maple board.

All I have is a router, a drill and a jointer, so I'm not really cranking them out, but it keeps me sane. :)

• Members

This is exactly what I wanted. I have been watching the latest Atrox thread.

Guttermouth, Those are what I have been wanting to build as I don't have the wood skills for guitar building. I have some electronics skills.

All the guitars look great!

• Members

Anything for a fellow Larry.
:)

The top is the most recent-ash and maple, 25 1/2" scale, 24 fret, set neck. Nitro with no grain filler. Pau Ferro fretboard-the whole guitar started as three boards.

The blue is poplar with a maple neck and another Pau Ferro board, 2 P-90 pickups wired to volume and blend pots.

The neck-through is soft maple and walnut wings on a hard maple/padauk neck, I think it was a 25" scale (?) and wired with just a volume and pickup selector, like the ash one. The fretboard was the absolute LAST bubinga fretboard I'll ever make.
:freak:

The bottom is African mahogany with a maple bolt on neck, 25 1/2" scale and maple board.

All I have is a router, a drill and a jointer, so I'm not really cranking them out, but it keeps me sane.
:)

Well, for what it's worth, the craftsmanship is beautiful. I particularly like the new ash/maple natural finish.

• Members

Yeah, I wish I had the woodworking skills to build a guitar. These all look great. I just don't. Cutting the body, sanding it and finishing would be fine, just lining up the routs (making the routs for that matter) with the neck joint, I just don't think I could do it. Also, the thought of making a neck scares me.

But, building a cab, pedals, etc would be doable for me. Making an amp would be doable as well, but I am afraid that if I messed something up, caboom.

• Members

Making an amp would be doable as well, but I am afraid that if I messed something up, caboom.

they aren't as bad as you think. do your research, keep safety as #1 after the 1st power up, and pick a logical course for assembly. if it's a high gain amp, lead dress is very important and hard to get right the first time 'round. results in noises, instability, etc. other than that, it's enjoyable and addicting as all hell.

Archived