B string for E string..?

jvhc

• Members

I haven't seen so much bull{censored} in a while.

tlbonehead is right.

If you buy a single string you just buy a .11. Not a .11B or .11E:lol:

If it's the same material and the same gauge ITS THE FOOKING SAME THING, not pretty much the same thing, but THE SAME THING!

Surely there are some WOUND strings that have different tensions, like the GHS low sets which i like, due to larger cores, for instance. But a plain 11 is a plain 11.
:rolleyes:

Apparently not if the package it's in says "B" on it. That little bit of ink changes the entire composition of the string and suspends the laws of physics as we know them. jerry_picker almost had it right. It's not the intent of the user that changes the laws of physics, it's the ink on the package.

• Members

Apparently not if the package it's in says "B" on it. That little bit of ink changes the entire composition of the string and suspends the laws of physics as we know them. jerry_picker almost had it right. It's not the intent of the user that changes the laws of physics, it's the ink on the package.

Oh damn... How could i have missed that...:lol::freak:

• Members

Cheers for the responses!

So yeah, as I thought it seems like it should be fine.. Maybe I just pulled it too far when I was stretching it. Haven't had a chance to go to a guitar shop to get more strings, so i'll whack on another 11 tonight, hopefully it'll be fine.

Archived