Gibson USA made in China????

bass_n_drums

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've gotten lucky over the years, but todays guitar market sucks for name brand guitars. If you want an authentic Gibson, buy it from Scam Ash, or Guitar Center, and get a legit Gibson.

If you want to save a few thousand dollars, and not buy Epiphone trash, look around on the internet, you can find some great stuff. BTW, Ebay is not the place to look for a bargain.

Guitar Jam is calling.

• Members

How do you know it was "hardwood"? I guarantee you that there is a spread of some cheap, far eastern non tonewood underneath a micro thin veneer. It's simply a matter of economics.

And Epiphones are very reasonably priced for what you get in terms of design, build, and overall quality. They have plenty of models for under $400, but if I were in the market for a Les Paul, I'd be looking at the Ultra. It's a no brainer.

• Members

Your first post and it's to tell us how good a counterfeit Gibson is because "your friend has one"? Let me guess: Do you have a small business selling illegal guitars from China?

Wow !!!!!

Let's hope he does , we can all make a fortune !

Besides only a fool would pay what they're asking for a Gibson.

Yaahoooo !!!!

• Members

Well, here's some "Fenders". I reported all of them. The last auction by date (green) you can see the headstock better to read.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhappyshuaishuai

To make it easier to report:

280238826509, 280238832466, 280239060910, 280239166375, 280239549341, 280239550148, 280239798238

This one has free shipping so if crap shows up & paid through paypal with a credit card, easier to charge back. ;) That's of course if you are into buying these knockoffs.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjackfg

• Members

I met Krashpad many years ago up in Gainesville, either through Deb from Mutley Chix, or Steve Packard. Don't remember which.

He may not remember me, but it should validate that I'm not some chinese dude.

I don't specifically remember this meeting, but no one from China would know Deb; a little poking around into your links here shows you're not from China but from Lutz, Florida.

I'm pretty sure no one in China has ever heard of Lutz.

In fact, a lot of people in Gainesville haven't heard of Lutz.

• Members

or someone that makes more than minimum wage.

Your still mad if you contemplate paying the designer conning companies like Gibson/Versace/Gucci company that much.

Say I'd bet you'd pay $10,000 for a "Limited Edition Versace Super Special Custom Les Paul right" ?

Better off throwing some money at Shares,Stocks,Bonds,Debentures,Real Estate,Term deposits and Women.

• Members

I don't specifically remember this meeting, but no one from China would know Deb; a little poking around into your links here shows you're not from China but from Lutz, Florida.

I'm pretty sure no one in China has ever heard of Lutz.

In fact, a lot of people in Gainesville haven't heard of Lutz.

Oh come on!, this is the one and only Lutz were talking about here.

Wo renshi ta !

Lutz shi zhen hao de ren yinwei ta hen sihuan he jiu !

Hey Lutz baby, ni jide bu jide nage nude zai Beijing, Na danrang ni jide a ?

• Members

It's real hardwood, the setup was almost dead on, and came in a hardshell case

for $400. The pickups, labeled as Epiphone, sucked. Guitar was $300 via wholesaler in China, shipping $100.

Now here's the kicker, this particular guitar is labeled as a custom shop, with a very flamey cherry sunburst top and back. It's got a custom flame inlay on the fretboard and a custom shop inlay on the headstock. Oh, and it's a 3 pickup with a bigsby!

It feels like a Les Paul, it looks like a Les Paul, and as soon as he gets all the pickups switched out, will sound like a Les Paul.

I had a '94 The Paul II, and it sucked compared to this, and I paid almost twice the money.

Epiphones are overpriced, and Gibsons are way overpriced.

I'll be ordering one soon...

While your friend has the guitar apart, look inside to see if the maple top is solid and about 20.mm thick, down to where a solid mahogany body should start, and how many pieces the top and body are made from.

See how long the neck tenon is, and what type of electronic parts it came with. Do the fret ends have nibbs covering the fret ends, and are the frets dressed well? Is the pearl on the fretboard real?

If the maple top wood is just a veneer, and the mahogany body and maple top are more then say, two pieces, but probably four or more, then as good as this fake may in fact be, he is polishing a turd, so to speak.

I hope he likes it, as with all the money he will be spending to make it right for himself, he will never get that back on a re-sale.

But as long as he is happy, that is the only thing that matters, I guess.

While I don't care for imitations, in no way can we stop the production of them in China, and Gibson won't fight it in court, as they will never be able to stop these chinese counterfeits from being produced.

Gee, this is such a depressing picture, that I might cut off my hands and just bleed to death.

Archived