Gibson USA made in China????

bass_n_drums

• Members

how's life as an idiot?

i already know you're broke, so you don't need to cover that part. the rest, though, i'm curious.

Lifes good !

Say Precious,

......bet you have a gold lame jump suit to go with that gold top !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While your friend has the guitar apart, look inside to see if the maple top is solid and about 20.mm thick, down to where a solid mahogany body should start, and how many pieces the top and body are made from.

See how long the neck tenon is, and what type of electronic parts it came with. Do the fret ends have nibbs covering the fret ends, and are the frets dressed well? Is the pearl on the fretboard real?

If the maple top wood is just a veneer, and the mahogany body and maple top are more then say, two pieces, but probably four or more, then as good as this fake may in fact be, he is polishing a turd, so to speak.

2 piece bookmatched front and back, looks to be about 20 mm thick. Haven't pulled the neck P'up yet, so not sure on neck tenon. Fretwork is better than either of my Epiphones, no sharp edges. Not sure if the pearl is real.

Gibson style switch, CTS style pots, very clean wiring. The pickups do suck bad, but that's a relatively cheap fix. BTW, the pickups are marked Epiphone on the bottom plates.

My friend offered to sell this one to me, didn't like the Bigsby, so I'll be having another NGD!

• Members

If you want the prices of Gibsons to come down, stop paying absurd money for them. I have some I bough in the early 80s when they weren't en vogue and, even counting for inflation, they are just waaaaaaaaaaaay {censored}ing overpriced today. You all have seen the article on how they started reboosting sales by overcharging, you know the deal so let's just call a spade a spade. The only ones that will disagree are the ones paying the absurd prices but then what do you expect? You really think they'll agree after shelling out the cashola?

Oh and back to the subject and main meat and potatoes...fakes just suck, plain and simple. People who buy them don't necessarily suck but those that do and then try to scam others with them as being the real deal not only suck but gargle cum.

• Members

nice.

Welcome to HC, our newset trolls, elvisart and NewYork! May your time here be shortlived!

excellent.gif

Thankyou for the welcome my friend !

I find very little intelligent rappor with mental troglodytes such as yourself.

My time here in fact will be short lived.........

......but not until I have had a little more fun.

• Members

I checked out ebay for some Gibby Les Pauls and happened to bump into replicas of Gibson that are made in China with the Made in USA in back of the headstock....does anybody know about them? And are they fake? I happened to know a musician that bought one and loves it. He initially thought it was made in the USA but, I confirmed from what I saw on ebay that they are made in China. They seem to be built pretty well.

But that's as far as I know....anybody out there knows about this?

I would be scared to find out

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They're not well liked on this forum and neither are the people that buy them or promote them. There are too many people using them to scam others into thinking they're real, too many innocent people - a lot of them young, getting burned, and they're blatantly illegal.

Bottom line......these guits are used to scam people out of their hardearned money.......usually young kids that don't know better......

What I don't understand is why do some folks just not get this??

If it was a fake Harley Davidson or a fake Toyota or a fake set of Craftsmen tools I think they would get it........

Same diff.....

• Members

2 piece bookmatched front and back, looks to be about 20 mm thick. Haven't pulled the neck P'up yet, so not sure on neck tenon. Fretwork is better than either of my Epiphones, no sharp edges. Not sure if the pearl is real.

Gibson style switch, CTS style pots, very clean wiring. The pickups do suck bad, but that's a relatively cheap fix. BTW, the pickups are marked Epiphone on the bottom plates.

My friend offered to sell this one to me, didn't like the Bigsby, so I'll be having another NGD!

pics or it didn't happen........

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 7/28/2006 at 11:07 AM, jeffcoop said:

Gibson does NOT make guitars in China, let alone guitars stamped "Made in USA." (Epiphone does have a factory in China and subcontracts with other factories). When you buy one of these, you're basically getting mystery meat--there's always a small chance you'll get something good, but more likely you'll be getting assorted scraps haphazardly thrown together.

Yours is the first even remotely positive report on one of these guitars that I've seen.

Qingdao Gibson Musical Instruments
Qingdao Shi, Shandong Sheng, China Manufacturer
250 shipments match gibson
652 shipments total
GIBSON NASHVILLE,USA C/T NO.:1-401 MADE IN CHINA…Qingdao Gibson Musical Instruments

https://panjiva.com/Manufacturers-Of/gibson

• Members
2 hours ago, punkrockcliche said:

Qingdao Gibson Musical Instruments
Qingdao Shi, Shandong Sheng, China Manufacturer
250 shipments match gibson
652 shipments total
GIBSON NASHVILLE,USA C/T NO.:1-401 MADE IN CHINA…Qingdao Gibson Musical Instruments

https://panjiva.com/Manufacturers-Of/gibson

That plant manufactures Epiphones, not Gibsons.

• Members

Pure and simple: If it says GIBSON on the head stock, and it's made in China it's..... wait for it, …. wait for it... NOT A GIBSON!!

If it's an Epiphone made in China, it was licensed by Gibson to be made in China, at a plant BUILT by Gibson for the sole use of building Epiphones.

Now, can someone put a stake in the heart of this zombie thread? Or whatever you do to kill zombies. Fire, beheading, drowning, playing a First Act......

Archived