a flame rekindled....

ace1979

• Members

so my wife and I just closed on our house today...we have been apartmenting it for awhile, and so my brother brought over all my guitar gear he has been storing for me. And finally I have a place to crank up and play some, just not the same playing through my v-amp and headphones lately. So upon first plug-in with my strat and my trusty old blues cube 30 (the old creme tolex models), made a big smile!!! so nice to have it back, and I had forgetten how nice it sounds, remarkably "tubey", for a solid state amp, and built like a tank. And finally gives me a chance to crank up my highway one strat that I got in the fall, which I actually love (i know some don't like the P/Us but I think they are great) In fact now it can curb my gas for another amp (at least for awhile)....plus need to battery up the old danelectro dan echo, and my bro is letting me borrow his new BBE green screamer. Well, back to some moving, and some playing!!!

• Members

Nothing nicer than having your very own house that you can play your guitar in

& not have to worry about your neighbors (well, not quite so much anyways)

Congrats & shake some action! :thu:

• Members

Congrats on the house. We're in the middle of refinancing and after getting loads of misinformation and bull{censored} I finally got a hold of a good lender and things are going to work out really well for us. Talk about a major relief in this house.

But back to the gear. I remember everytime that I put my stuff in storage for a long time it was always like Christmas when I got it unpacked. Its like everything is new again, but you already have some fond memories.

HNHD (new house day) and enjoy your reunion :thu:

• Members

cranked it up a bit last night, and wow, do the cleans on the blues cube sound good, still working on dialing in a nice drive sound with the strat and solid state may take a little more work, still have to try out the BBE green screamer. thanks for all the congrats

• Members

well the house is almost 40 years old, so it may have some vintage "sound" haha so maybe in searching for that elusive vintage tone those individuals should not look at vintage shops, or used gear, but instead tune into bob villa with this old house.....wow this is realy going to change peoples $$$ needed for that tone!!! and people will now get HAS as well as GAS this is going to get complicated!!

Archived