Is there anyway to try out an Xaiviere or Rondo guitar before buying it?

elsupermanny14

• Members

Visit somebody who owns one, or look for a used one in pawn shops.

Otherwise, nope. In most of the country, there are no stores carrying either line of guitars new.

The lack of retail mark-up is one of the reasons why they can be had for so cheap.

• Members

Both companies are touted as having some of the best after sales service and return policies in the biz... what's the risk?
:)

in canada, the risk is just the hassle of cross border returns.

from experience, kurt at rondo is very easy to deal with.... as long as you are easy to deal with.

if you get a guitar thats broken, scratched, or otherwise not up to expectations, you have the option of returning it for a refund, an exchange, or in some cases he may offer a discount if you keep it.

some people have returned guitars just cause "they didnt like em". he will usually take it back, but its not a classy move on the part of the customer and wont get you in his good books if you do it more than once :). ive heard rumour of a few customers being "banned" for abusing his return policy.

ive heard various stories about jay at gfs, some good, some bad, but i have no first hand experience with him so i dont know which ones are valid or BS.

• Members

in canada, the risk is just the hassle of cross border returns.

Good point, but the question wasn't about Canadian shoppers... I was referring to the risk for US buyers. OP shows as being from Cali. :)

I've always held off on buying fromRondo because they use UPS Standard, the Beelzebub of US to Canada shipping. :mad:

• Members

Good point, but the question wasn't about Canadian shoppers... I was referring to the risk for US buyers. OP shows as being from Cali.
:)

I've always held off on buying fromRondo because they use UPS Standard, the Beelzebub of US to Canada shipping.
:mad:

they ship fedex to canada

• Members

Hmm... used to be UPS Std plus a {censored}load of duty & brokerage... now it's Fed Ex... and probably plus a {censored}load of duty & brokerage.
:p

the website has a shipping calculator. it works out something like $30 brokerage and gst that gets tacked on. its added to the order though, you dont pay customs/fedex yourself.

Archived