NGD.........vintage peavey content

rll

• Members

1984 Peavey Patriot sn/01881080

104_0438.jpg

104_0439.jpg

104_0440.jpg

104_0441.jpg

Let me say first I have only been playing six months, this is my second guitar and I only have the first, a agile al-2000, to compare to.

What amazing condition for a 24 year old entry level guitar, no scratches or anything(except where the fretboard has been rubbed through), not even buckle rash. Basic piece of wood, No bindings or frills. Looks to be all original. Overall length is about 2 inches shorter than my agile and it's a heck of a lot lighter. I am only 5'7" and have short stubby fingers and it seems easier to get around the fretboard than my agile. Not sure what the finish is but it is fairly thin and not glossy, looks cool.

Sounds amazing. Haven't been playing too long so I can't compare it to other guitars, but I like the tone. Dual single coil "super ferrite" pickups. Volume knob actually works unlike my agile which is either all or none , nice slope on both volume and tone.

What can I say, 24 year old quality American made guitar for under $200. I couldn't be happier. I don't think the price of these old peaveys are going anywhere but up.

• Members

I have one just like it. Needs tuners. Mine just sits and waits for the tuners. Kinda sad. The new tuners are sitting right here. Bought it off ebay a couple years ago. Arrived with part if a tuner missing. Here is is sitting in the corner.000_0343.jpg

• Members

Joeboy, it looks like yours is the hardtail model. This one did not come with the trem arm so I am going to have to be on the lookout. Anyone know if one off other peavey models will work?

• Members

I thought anything over 20 years was vintage. Sorry. Will vintage stay the same era forever? what will we call the era between vintage and modern? Philosophy, ya got ta love it.

I have two little ones now, I'm back on the blowups to keep from having the third. ;)

Oh yeah I have a t-15 on the way, should be here by the weekend.

• Members

I thought anything over 20 years was vintage. Sorry. Will vintage stay the same era forever? what will we call the era between vintage and modern? Philosophy, ya got ta love it.

I have two little ones now, I'm back on the blowups to keep from having the third.
;)

Oh yeah I have a t-15 on the way, should be here by the weekend.

:idk:"vintagey"

:idk:Oldschool

I like "oldschool". Has a nice "ring" to it. An "oldschool" PV axe. That sounds cool. (:badump:)

Archived