Carvin CT4T on order

scolfax

• Members

I am going to have to avoid opening ANY Carvin-related threads anymore. I got my postcard last week with an estimated completion date of 8/13. But every time I open a thread, I am filled with doubt and the sudden urge to cancel my order. WTF!?

Of course, if I believed everything I read on this forum, I wouldn't own three "{censored}ty" Gibsons either. :thu: Bah!! I guess I'll just forget I order the CT6 and hopefully someday it will show up on my doorstep and just be awesome.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As to you supporting them, it took what 3 tries and 9 months for them to get your oder right? I'm amazed you still have anything nice to say.

How many times are you going to intentionally get that wrong?

In January, I recieved a DC400 that was too black. Sent it back and ordered a CT4. Got the CT and still have it. The paint was still a bit dark, but it seems that's just how Carvin blues are. Carvin comp'd me the extra money I paid to have a super light blue. Love the guitar... In the mean time, I'd ordered a DC127.. It came, it's perfect. No, it's beyond perfect.

You have nothing good to say about Carvin, I can understand that. But for every you, there's a me.. Carvin isn't without fault, but they sure have done me right and I'll tell it to anyone that asks..

I'll agree on their message baord though.. It's ran by a bunch of nazis.. My biggest annoyance there is the cloak and dagger {censored} they go through about the origin of the Cobalts. Cort makes them in China.. If you are going to sell a product, at least have the balls to admit who makes it and where..

OP, send me your order number? I'll call em myself and find out where it is for you..

• Members

How many times are you going to intentionally get that wrong?

In January, I recieved a DC400 that was too black. Sent it back and ordered a CT4. Got the CT and still have it. The paint was still a bit dark, but it seems that's just how Carvin blues are. Carvin comp'd me the extra money I paid to have a super light blue. Love the guitar... In the mean time, I'd ordered a DC127.. It came, it's perfect. No, it's beyond perfect.

You have nothing good to say about Carvin, I can understand that. But for every you, there's a me.. Carvin isn't without fault, but they sure have done me right and I'll tell it to anyone that asks..

I'll agree on their message baord though.. It's ran by a bunch of nazis.. My biggest annoyance there is the cloak and dagger {censored} they go through about the origin of the Cobalts. Cort makes them in China.. If you are going to sell a product, at least have the balls to admit who makes it and where..

OP, send me your order number? I'll call em myself and find out where it is for you..

That would be the first time I've ever attempted to summarize your experiences, and if it was wrong, it was unintentional. So to answer your first question, zero.

Speaking of wrong, I do have good things to say about Carvin. For some reason, they're always overlooked. 4 out of the 6 Carvin products I ordered had serious problems to the point they were unusable. One of those, the problem was never resolved. Two were resolved by my ordering and paying for a replacement for their defective product, then getting a refund when I sent the defect back. The fourth was resolved after I sent my guitar back for a full electronics replacement.

In summary, 4 out of 6 products were defective. Only one of the four defective products did Carvin seem to care at all that they'd sent me unusable merchandise. I'm glad you're happy, but it seems there are more and more people like me popping up.

As to the OP, why should you have to get involved? They have his money and they didn't meet their promised date. Is it that hard for them to look into it? Just another example of how they don't care any more.

Did you see where they threatened to ban Van for questioning the use of Rocket 50s in the X100Bs and not buying their BS explanation. That was pathetic.

• Members

That would be the first time I've ever attempted to summarize your experiences, and if it was wrong, it was unintentional. So to answer your first question, zero.

No it isn't, you asked the same exact question in a thread about a month ago..

Speaking of wrong, I do have good things to say about Carvin. For some reason, they're always overlooked. 4 out of the 6 Carvin products I ordered had serious problems to the point they were unusable. One of those, the problem was never resolved. Two were resolved by my ordering and paying for a replacement for their defective product, then getting a refund when I sent the defect back. The fourth was resolved after I sent my guitar back for a full electronics replacement.

In summary, 4 out of 6 products were defective. Only one of the four defective products did Carvin seem to care at all that they'd sent me unusable merchandise. I'm glad you're happy, but it seems there are more and more people like me popping up.

As to the OP, why should you have to get involved? They have his money and they didn't meet their promised date. Is it that hard for them to look into it? Just another example of how they don't care any more.

Some people are very passive in dealing with customer service/tech support. They take the first answer and assume there is nothing more to be found. I'm not like that. If I called and they said "we don't have that information", instead of saying "well thank you for your time", I'd say "then transfer me to someone that can" and I wouldn't stop until I had what I wanted to know.. As I mentioned, Giovanni in CS failed to impress me because he gave me the old "I'll find out and email you" answer, but never followed through with it. Bart was out that day, so I gave him a shot. I called back a couple days later, got Bart, he tracked it down and called me back. I agree, you'd expect 100% perfect employees in CS, but that just ain't gonna happen. So, find one and always talk to that one. I do the same thing at GC and it makes things a lot less stressful.

Did you see where they threatened to ban Van for questioning the use of Rocket 50s in the X100Bs and not buying their BS explanation. That was pathetic.

I try not to keep up with those people. HC people call me a fanboy, but some of those Carvin people are zealots.. One word against Carvin, (which believe it or not, I do have several gripes about the almighty C) and you have a pack of wolves on you over there..

:thu:

• Members

...In summary, 4 out of 6 products were defective...

That's certainly a valid comment, and I would not like Carvin if I had that experience.

Just as another point of reference, I've purchased at least 13 Carvin products. Probably more. The only problem I had was with a scratchy pot years after my original purchase. I was unfamiliar with scratchy pots back then, but the people at Carvin explained to me how to correct the problem with Contact Cleaner, and also gave me a new pot free of charge.

I did have a negative experience with one of their sales people, who was an idiot. I don't think that he lasted long at Carvin. A customer dealing with such an idiot would also dislike Carvin.

My most recent experience was within the last 30 days. A friend was able to return an incredible CS6 after the 10-day period, and he got a CS4 and a Vintage 16 amp instead.

Regarding the waiting aspect, with truly custom guitars the waiting can be much worse. I remember how my 4-6 month wait turned into 8 months for another guitar (not a Carvin). It was well worth the wait :)

• Members

I did have a negative experience with one of their sales people, who was an idiot. I don't think that he lasted long at Carvin. A customer dealing with such an idiot would also dislike Carvin.

Was his name Sean? I encountered him a couple years ago when I was first spec'ing a CT.. Dude was a complete tree hugging ass..

• Members

For me, the guy to ask for is Kevin Wall.. Nice guy, and he follows through when he tells you he's going to do something. The salesguy for my DC400 and CT was Aaron, and he was less than inspirational..

Kevin is who I worked with when I orderd my Bolt+ the other day. Nice guy, easy to work with. I've had good dealings with Aaron in the past too.

As for Carvin's customer service, for me they've always been great.

• Members

That's the thing! I want one but I'm to scared to buy something I can't try. Wish I could find one to play.

Well you could always buy one of the in stock guitars. That would give you a good idea.

Of course you'd have to pay shipping but you could consider it a rental fee. :thu:

• Members

Yeap, buy an in-stock, try it for the 10 days, then send it back and either forget about Carvin or order your custom.. I've never been afraid of ordering a guitar online before. Even way back in the late 80's, when I had the AMS and Musical Emporium catalogs, and virtually no access to name brand gear, I didn't hesitate to order sight-unseen.. Carvin isn't just another "me-too" feeling guitar, but there is nothing crazy or out of the ordinary about them that would make me hesitate to order one. Put it this way, when I first saw them in 1989, I wanted one.. Then when I finally got to play one in about 1994-5, I REALLY wanted one.

• Members

As I understand it, they've been really backlogged for a while now. They removed their guitar-traq thing because people were getting impatient with seeing their guitar sitting in one place for a month. Speculation on my part based on postings on their forum, but they're avoiding to committing to anything because they're pretty far behind on the orders.

From what I've heard, read and experienced myself, customer service is no longer important to Carvin. There's been a really noticeable change in attitude there recently.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::rolleyes: The same old song and dance for a couple years now. It's getting old and worn out. Maybe try a new song and dance every couple years, huh? :rolleyes::freak:

• Members

:blah:
:rolleyes:
The same old song and dance for a couple years now. It's getting old and worn out. Maybe try a new song and dance every couple years, huh?
:rolleyes::freak:

112 posts to your name and you know all about my last couple of years of posting. Bite me fanboy.

• Members

... and so once again it deteriorates.. 17k posts man, and how many have been dedicated to bashing Carvin in every thread posted?

Here we go again. Dude posts about problems with Carvin's service. I relay my personal experience and observation. Assholes and fanboys make it personal. Carvin is a company that {censored}s up a lot. Deal with it. Threads go downhill and will keep going down hill when you dickheads start getting on my ass. You think I asked for all the {censored} Carvin gave me? You think I'm making it up?

• Members

112 posts to your name and you know all about my last couple of years of posting. Bite me fanboy.

Actually, I do. I was a long time lurker(years) here. And I don't get into pissing contests with whiny boys who spend more time posting the same thing over and over and over than playing their guitars. 17,000 frickin posts? Jeez, get a life. :rolleyes:

• Members

Actually, I do. I was a long time lurker(years) here. And I don't get into pissing contests with whiny boys who spend more time posting the same thing over and over and over than playing their guitars. 17,000 frickin posts? Jeez, get a life.
:rolleyes:

Why is this simple concept so hard for you thick headed fanboys to follow. You post your experiences, I'll post mine. We'll stay on topic. You don't talk to me, I don't talk to you. And you started the pissing match by whining about me. So other than a personal attack on me, do you have anything positive to contribute? What are your personal experiences with Carvin?

• Members

I asked a simple question about how many of your 17,028 posts you've spent pissing and moaning about Carvin products or service.. You can call me an asshole all you want, but you won't have much of an argument when I start returning the favor..

FYI, I did a search for "Carvin" and "GCDEF", and found 283 hits, in a LOT of different threads.. You need a new hobby homie..

• Members

I know this is going to read as pissy, so please take any attitude with a grain of salt.

I am paying $1400 for a more-or-less "Custom" guitar based on 20-or so options of my choice, one of which is the color of the knobs. I'm willing to bet the box of black knobs is right next to the chrome knobs, so the only thing that needs to happen is that the guy putting the knob on pays attention to a note on the build order.

I'm willing to bet that if I wasn't lazy and phoned them instead of writing an email that they'd take care of it - the guy who replied to my email was probably just as lazy as I am and took the easy way out.

Regarding the pickups - do you mean to say that they actually route the pickup cavities on the body 1/4" deeper if the model of humbucking pickups is different? That's way more work than reading a note that says "use black knobs"!

You have just scratched the surface of the "service" at Carvin...:rolleyes:

Anyways, ALWAYS call in. Every time I've tried to do something over the net with them...it gets messed up, or ignored.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but Carvin has become a real pain to deal with. There are a couple of good guys around Carvin, but they are few and far between. I certainly hope your guitar gets built the way you want it. If so, that will be a sweet axe! And if you want to make sure that your custom guitar is built right, stay on them. Call every time you want to check on it. Don't feel bad...it's YOUR money!

Archived