csm, nice Ry Cooder interview.

Professor Tom

• Members

It can't be easy trying to build empathy over a phone line, especially with the maestro himself. Taj Mahal next ?

Interviewed Taj a dozen or so years back for my John Lee Hooker book -- interview co-conducted by my late and much-missed then-partner Kathy Acker. Contrary to his reputation, he was as nice as several pies.

Tho' the also-late and also-much-missed Ali Farka Toure -- who recorded with both of 'em -- told me that he'd liked Ry a lot and Taj not so much.

• Members

Thanks for the reply, I'd never heard of that magazine before is why I didn't pick up on it in the OP's post.

You can find them at Borders and Barnes and Noble, but they are usually hard to find and or out of them at least in my experience, or they usually have older issues sitting there. You are also right about them being expensive. They are around 15.00 or so.

I think Guitarist is a fine mag, and I like CSM's articles which I will read in the store when I get the chance, but I personally dont buy or read guitar mags anyway, because any time I would spend reading a guitar mag, would be time I could be wasting here on H.C., which is what I end up doing anyway.

C.S.M..... what kind of pies?

Archived