Reverend Volcano (V) -- Tell me about yours

curseoftruth

• Members

I am looking at getting another V, I love my Gibson Faded V but want another (damn GAS). Don't want to spend as much as say a Gibson V-Factor goes for, so I've been checking out several clones (Dillion, Epiphone, etc.) but I'd need to do a little pickup work on those which is no problem and maybe some hardware work. I am intrigued by the Reverend Volcano. A little offset from a regular V but they look great still. How do they sound, how is the neck, how is the build, how is the hardware, etc.? Will they do classic heavy rock well without a pup upgrade? I'd like to get something that rocks out of the box and the price is right on those.

Enlighten me! and Thanks!

• Members

All the Reverends I've had the pleasure of playing have been really well built and solid instruments, so that's in their favour. From what I know of the pickups, they're pretty damn good (especially for the price range), and even if you want to tweak you can get replacements pretty easily.

I did play a Volcano briefly once in a store, though most of the time was just spent trying to balance it on my leg so I can't remember much else! :p

EDIT: Plus they do look mighty fine...

• Members

I have a flatroc and a manaray and they are excelent guitars for the money. The neck is fabulous as well as the pickups. I also find the bass roll off very useful. The guitars are all made in Korea then shipped to Michigan for inspection and setup. For a $600 guitar made in Korea the quality and setup are amazing.

• Members

I just picked up a '07 mahogany Volcano, used of course. I absolutely love it. It has a nice chunky neck and sounds great blasted through my F50. Plays like buttah and stays in tune better than my prs SC. I don't think you'll regret it. I want another reverend now, thinking about a warhawk HB. The quality for the money spent is amazing.

Archived