USA Peaveys, T26, T30, T60

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

Sorry, it's between a T26 and T30, as I'd prefer single coils, forgot the 60 was a bucker setup

Buckers... but they split.

The T-60 is definitely considered the top of the T-series line. The tone circuit is fairly unique. From 0 to about 7 each tone pot acts as a regular tone control, from 7 to 10 it begins splitting the pickups. I think the T-60's are probably running in the $300-$400 range in the States currently, but haven't priced anytime recently (I got my T-60 w/ohsc for $200 3 or 4 years ago, but the market has gone up), non-T-60's typically go for less than T-60's. A lot of times due to the expense of US stuff in the UK, a dollar=pound ratio is a good rough guestimate.

According to at least one listing/review I've seen the T-30 is short scale.

Sean, register here and ask:

http://www.peaveyT-60.com

The inventor of the T-60, Chip Todd, posts there regularly. Really nice guy.

Steve Fanuvbrak had a non-T-60, a T-15 I think though. He probably knows more about the other models than I do, maybe he'll pop in here.

• Members

The T-30 is short scale and thin bodied, I had one. really more of a beginner guitar. The single coil blade pickups are the highlight of the guitar.

The T-60 on the other hand is a really cool concept. I had a chance to play a freind's on a regular basis and am quite surprised no one has lifted the innovative coil splitting system. Washburn has a similiar concept offered on some of their guitars, but it doesn't sound as good as the Peavey system. Perhaps it's the pickups...

• Members

The T-30 is short scale and thin bodied, I had one. really more of a beginner guitar. The single coil blade pickups are the highlight of the guitar.

The T-60 on the other hand is a really cool concept. I had a chance to play a freind's on a regular basis and am quite surprised no one has lifted the innovative coil splitting system. Washburn has a similiar concept offered on some of their guitars, but it doesn't sound as good as the Peavey system. Perhaps it's the pickups...

The T series instruments are overbuilt tanks.

I had a chance to buy a T-60 locally, but passed because it was overpriced at $350. I wish I would have at least gone and tried it out.

I do own a T-40 bass.......it is truly a staple when it comes to build quality, ingenuity, and bass tone. It is super heavy, but I think that's what I like best about it.

The tone circuit scheme is interesting, and sounds really good......the only problem with it is "what if I want to lower the treble via tone control?"....you can't. Plus when going from single coil operation to HB....the volume jump is substancial. So while it's neat, and interesting......it presents a few logistic issues. Granted, when you think about it.....it would would GREAT for going from Humbucking lead to single coil rhythm.:thu:

Archived