I may have to get a Marshall

Faber

• Members

I played the 20 watt head from the handwired range....2061x??? it made me shiver with pleasure, they're the pick of the bunch the Handwireds

I don't know too much about electronics, but I think that the European versions of the Marshall handwired amps had transformer problems early on.

• Members

Just add a few bucks and go with a Germino - all of the old school Marshall sweetness without any of the problems - backed for the life of the amp by Greg Germino himself.

I own a Club 40 combo that smokes any of the modern Marshalls I've played. Germino makes heads and cabs.

I've gigged with this amp for three years now, and it's been bullet proof.

http://www.germinoamps.com/

StandardandGermino.jpg

• Members

Bloody enablers!! :D

Those 18w sure look sweet, as does the Geronimo. I'm not sure what those would add to my rig that my Soldano Atomic 16 wouldn't, but I guess part of the fun is finding that sort of thing out :D

I guess I was thinking abut the higher wattager marshalls, but I might have to reconsider that

• Members

I've played Marshall's for 35 years. I would never change.

I'm the opposite. It took me close to 20 yrs playing guitar before I bought my first Marshall. In simple terms, I {censored}ed up. I've been chasing this tone my whole life but didn't want to be a "sheep." I wish I'd just bought a JCM800 halfstack back when I started.

Archived