Edwards used prices...what do you think?

streetknight

• Members

Of course, that's all going to depend on overall condition. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mint LP model sell for up to $700, as long as you don't have to pay international shipping. I would guess that most used models would bring in around $600-$650. You can probably use the Epi Elititist as a reference.

• Moderators

never seen one used.

i wouldn't pay more than $500. while they are high quality instruments, nobody knows who they are in the States. i mean, we do, but that's because we actively participate in guitar message boards. but the average guy out there has no idea. hence, a very low resale value.

Nah, many people know what they are and sellers will sell to those who do, plus US sellers will prefer a US based guitar, so expect to pay 700 and upwards

• Members

Nah, many people know what they are and sellers will sell to those who do, plus US sellers will prefer a US based guitar, so expect to pay 700 and upwards

yes, many people do know the brand. but not the majority. if i asked every guitarist i know that's not on a message board if they'd heard of Edwards, i'd be surprised to get a single yes.

• Moderators

yes, many people do know the brand. but not the majority. if i asked every guitarist i know that's not on a message board if they'd heard of Edwards, i'd be surprised to get a single yes.

See the reply above mine and below yours.....the point is that there are enough people who know them to keep the price high, you may get a seller who sells to a small audience who haven't heard of them, but that'll be few and far between....anybody puts an Edwards on Ebay or CL they'll sell it for top dollar

• Members

See the reply above mine and below yours.....the point is that there are enough people who know them to keep the price high, you may get a seller who sells to a small audience who haven't heard of them, but that'll be few and far between....anybody puts an Edwards on Ebay or CL they'll sell it for top dollar

ebay sure. i'm not so convinced of CL.

• Members

I've seen prices from $600-$900 for the more abundant ones, the regular LPs and such.

For more rare models like the relic'd series anywhere from $800-$1,200.

I agree with this observation. I bought mine for $650 a couple of years ago on Ebay and that was a very good deal.

• Members

not sure about the states (would assume it to be similar though), but here in the UK they normally go for pretty decent prices... combination of their being quite hard to get a hold of, and just enough people knowing how good they are, as previously stated, i think... :)

• Members

One of the Nitro ones went on ebay last night for $627.50 plus $40.00 shipping.

It was a "lacquer taste" 98 model. Their middle-of-the-road model. Definately a nice deal.

(mines an older E-LP-90LTS CS model, no serial number, got it for a little less.)

Archived