Gibby incoming...

mcinku

• Members

I never thought I would buy a Gibson. They were just to expensive on this side of the pond... but things changed a little and the GAS was really strong for one of these ...

So one of this is going to be mine :D

ES339-VINTAGE-SUNBURSTGRAND.jpg

Please ignore the fancy PRS wood in the back. :facepalm:

:thu:

• Members

You will. I am 90% sure I am converted for life. I want a gibson, but I think that's only because they are about 20 min. from my house, I can buy it fresh off the line!

Man that is dangerous... if I would live 20min away from Gibson, I would be definitely be divorced by now and had a lot of cool guitars.

:D:D

...hang on I already have some cool guitars. Please don't tell that to my wife.

:facepalm:

• Members

go for it, you won't regret it. I have mine for three months now and I can hardly put it down.

guitars_2008035.jpg

Aaaaaa yes this is it. Can't wait to get it.

I played it once in Frankfurt (musik-schmidt) and since then, I was hooked.

I had to sell my DRRI to get it... the GAS was that bad.

• Members

Man that is dangerous... if I would live 20min away from Gibson, I would be definitely be divorced by now and had a lot of cool guitars.

:D

...hang on I already have some cool guitars. Please don't tell that to my wife.

I bet we would both pay the sam amount for them...

• Members

I bet we would both pay the sam amount for them...

Maybe now but not in the past... the price here in EU was incredible for a Gibson.

...maybe if you find somebody who works there, make him/her a good friend and I bet he/she would be able to get you a good discount.

Dirty trick isn't it.

• Members

Aaaaaa yes this is it. Can't wait to get it.

I played it once in Frankfurt (musik-schmidt) and since then, I was hooked.

I had to sell my DRRI to get it... the GAS was that bad.

Ha, this is the one you played. I got it from Musik Schmidt and they only had one in Vintage Sunburst yet. Small world indeed. :wave:

• Members

Congradulations! You will not be disappointed! I bought a 339F in cherry in May and have used it exclusively since getting it. In the closet went my CS-356 and LP.

Thanks

:eek: CS-356 is an awesome guitar, how is 339F different compared to 356, beside the obvious (ebony, solid wood...). I mean more sound wise.

;)

• Members

Ha, this is the one you played. I got it from Musik Schmidt and they only had one in Vintage Sunburst yet. Small world indeed.
:wave:

Haaaaaa :lol:

...but that one has '59 neck, right. If that neck would be 30/60, God knows if you would be the owner of that guitar today. :D

How cool is that.... I played your guitar, once.

• Members

Haaaaaa
:lol:
...but that one has '59 neck, right. If that neck would be 30/60, God knows if you would be the owner of that guitar today.

How cool is that.... I played your guitar, once.

yep, a '59. I am well known at Schmidt being the notorious gearhead I am. They called me 2 or 3 days after they got delivery of that one knowing I was waiting for the first 339 to arrive. Took me ten minutes to snag it up. I will however change pickups and pots sometimes down the road.

• Members

yep, a '59. I am well known at Schmidt being the notorious gearhead I am. They called me 2 or 3 days after they got delivery of that one knowing I was waiting for the first 339 to arrive. Took me ten minutes to snag it up. I will however change pickups and pots sometimes down the road.

So I was lucky to be there at that exact time...

BTW that guitar sounded just fine to me, with those pups in it. If mine will sound like that, which I hope it will, I'm not touching her (except to play :D).

;)

Archived