Agile 8!!! (Fixed!)

Chankla135

• Members

No its not a bass, 8 String Guitar....

LOW F#, B, E, A, D, G, B, E

Basically us metal heads and out-of-their-mind jazzers.

Listen to Meshuggah, New Deftones, or Divine Heresy, or even some new Korn.... Gives an example of the 8 String

(Meshuggah - Bleed or Meshuggah - Rational Gaze really gives the idea behind it, to me at least)

• Members

That is most impressive. Personally I'd have no clue what to do with something like that but it does seem to be a nice axe.

A six stringer along those lines would be cool...

kurt is really stepping it up to do some awesome designs.

this one was designed by a customer on sevenstring.org and turned out very nearly exact to the original intent.

the ash burst ones are amazing.

for those not into 8 strings, but still wanting a simple clean guitar, this is what im working with kurt to make next:

agfjuniorfront10gk7.jpg

• Members

kurt is really stepping it up to do some awesome designs.

this one was designed by a customer on sevenstring.org and turned out very nearly exact to the original intent.

the ash burst ones are amazing.

for those not into 8 strings, but still wanting a simple clean guitar, this is what im working with kurt to make next:

agfjuniorfront10gk7.jpg

You get him to bring out one like that, but with an ebony board, and it'll be my first buy from Rondo, no question. Their stock P90 seems to be the only thing that I've never heard one complaint about.

Disclaimer: I've heard good things about most everything he puts out, but complaints, too. I just seem to never have heard any complaints about the P90. Actually, all I think I've heard about it is unrelenting gushing.

• Members

You get him to bring out one like that, but with an ebony board, and it'll be my first buy from Rondo, no question. Their stock P90 seems to be the only thing that I've never heard one complaint about.

Disclaimer: I've heard good things about most everything he puts out, but complaints, too. I just seem to never have heard any complaints about the P90. Actually, all I think I've heard about it is unrelenting gushing.

they have 2 different p90's, i have the ceramics and they are pretty nice, yes.

this model will have a seymour duncan P-rail though, along with a hipshot bridge like the intrepid has - only the 6 string version.

the fretboard is going to be rosewood "stock", but ebony might be a possible option. the way he did the intrepid was maple standard, and ebony was an optional upcharge.

because these guitars arent full on production, theres seems to be some flexibility on a per unit basis.

ill have the full spec and images by tomorrow i hope.

• Members

My one problem with Agiles is that they can be heavy. That 8 string looks like a boat anchor.

A guy over at AGF owns both the neck thru (pictured) and the standard (bolt on) model and they both weigh 7-8lbs.

Not bad at all.

• Members

My one problem with Agiles is that they can be heavy. That 8 string looks like a boat anchor.

when i stripped the few agile lp's way back, i found a curious thing. the weight on the 2500's is not from the body or neck... its from the hardware.

my al-3000m is in the 9-10lb range, my jr about 8 - not far from what my sx strat weighs. the 2500's were like 12lbs+

Archived