Epiphone LP Custom with Gibson headstock

ArKay

• Members

thats sort of a cross between the Elitist headstock and the Gibson headstock. Maybe a modified Elitist...someone could've cut the little indent in the top, then added binding

Yeah, the top isn't rounded off as much. It's said to be Korean though :idk:

Hard to tell, just found it interesting :lol:

• Members

thats sort of a cross between the Elitist headstock and the Gibson headstock. Maybe a modified Elitist...someone could've cut the little indent in the top, then added binding

haha I really doubt that

That looks like a MIJ Epiphone made only for Japan, not for export

• Members

No, the MIJ Epiphones had a full open book, not this kind of watered down one.

Like this one, on the left

101_0001-1.jpg

yeah, on second glance, and reading through the rest of the posts, it definitely does have less of a flair out on the shape at the top of the headstock than the MIJs

Still, a decent looking headstock and better than the import Epi headstocks we receive here. And also nicer looking than the Elitist headstock.

P.S. Samurai, how are you liking that Epi Custom LP SB? I had one on order a year ago but canceled the order after MF failed to ship after me waiting for 45 days for them to find and ship an "in stock" item. I eventually went with a Gibson CC SB instead, but I still find that Epi Custom to be an attractive looking guitar and deal.

• Members

you thinkin' about buyin'?

No, I have 2 incoming LP copies :p Just found it weird and was wondering if it is genuine.

It's on eBay Germany and he ships to Europe, probably could be talked into shipping to the US. If anyone should be interested--which at the current $ rate is pretty unlikely--here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170249076953

BTW, he got that Orville bit wrong, those were NEVER made in Korea. :lol: People assume that the models starting with a K would be MIK, but they are not.

• Members

No, I have 2 incoming LP copies
:p
Just found it weird and was wondering if it is genuine.

It's on eBay Germany and he ships to Europe, probably could be talked into shipping to the US. If anyone should be interested--which at the current $ rate is pretty unlikely--here it is.

oh....what's incoming?

• Members

No, I have 2 incoming LP copies
:p
Just found it weird and was wondering if it is genuine.

BTW, he got that Orville bit wrong, those were NEVER made in Korea.
:lol:
People assume that the models starting with a K would be MIK, but they are not.

Isn't "K" Japan?

• Members

oh....what's incoming?

A beat up Bacchus from Japan...

3154393041.jpg

3154393042.jpg

No idea if it will pass customs or I will have to pick it up myself at their office in which case it'll take a pretty while :bor:

And a Fernandes Super Grade which was supposed to be here yesterday, but wasn't. Since I will be gone all week I won't be able to get it until next Friday.

d313_1.JPGd691_1.JPG

e137_1.JPGdb39_1.JPG

• Members

A beat up Bacchus from Japan...

3154393041.jpg

3154393042.jpg

No idea if it will pass customs or I will have to pick it up myself at their office in which case it'll take a pretty while
:bor:

And a Fernandes Super Grade which was supposed to be here yesterday, but wasn't. Since I will be gone all week I won't be able to get it until next Friday.

d313_1.JPGd691_1.JPG
e137_1.JPGdb39_1.JPG

both :thu: :thu: :)

• Members

Isn't "K" Japan?

The K models were made by Terada, but some people seem to assume that it stands for Korea :lol: So sometimes you can get those cheap thanks to their ignorance :cop:

Edit: K stands for Kuramae, Yamano's wholesales division.

Archived