So this is my new main rig

Alchemist

• Members

nice! i've been thinking about picking up a Z.

highly recommend it, I love em.... actually prefer the simple ones..... I just picked up the Z-28 today, originally I went in to get a Maz 18 head, but I just couldnt stop playing the 28, such a nice thick but responsive sound....

• Members
Cool rig:thu:

but why do you need a hardwire delay AND a DMM/H?:poke:

thanks.... the Hardwire is a great delay, and most importantly its very loop friendly, I also use that pedalboard with my Mesa halfstack, and it sounds great in the loop.... the SMMH is a nice delay, and it is very flexible for some wacky settings, but its not loop friendly.... together I can use them for some very cool spacey effects :)

• Members
Both of you have nice rigs!!
:thu:

Well, I have 2 favorites. It depends upon what mood I'm in playingwise. The Tiny Terror rips bigtime!! Here are my 2 faves. An Ibanez Artstar AS-120, and a Gretsch Junior Jet.

the Ibanez artstars are some of my all time favourite guitars, I miss mine sometimes, I just cant play the big body anymore because of elbow pain :(

• Members
I like that you finally got a pedalboard
much neater, nice rig too
:)

Thanks - it was about time! I've since run the cables underneath, so it's even cleaner looking now.

By the way, the dual amp setup you are running right there is formidable! :thu: Is the Z28 more towards the Fendery side of things? If I recall correctly it's 6V6, right?

• Members

Thanks.... yeah the Z-28 is more fendery.... but it has a lot more depth and roundness to the notes than most any fender I've tried..... its very strange, its clean, but when I dig in, I have this singing sustain that a lot of amps only get with a lot of gain... (but its completely unforgiving) the amp has no reverb, but you never miss it... I always find that remarkable about some of those Z amps....

heres a better pic, I like this one more :D

012.jpg

• Members
Thanks.... yeah the Z-28 is more fendery.... but it has a lot more depth and roundness to the notes than most any fender I've tried..... the amp has no reverb, but you never miss it... I always find that remarkable about some of those Z amps....

I'll keep that one on the list for future reference given I'm definitely in the Fender camp for amps ;)

I'm a big fan of reverb, but you're right, some of the best boutique amps I've played don't have it and you don't even realize it isn't there.

• Members

I'm too busy watching the Veeps bickering right now to take pictures, so I'll just describe my "go-to" rig as it now stands:

Gibson Les Paul Goddess

No Pedals

Modified Epiphone SoCal 50 head

Peavey MS-412 slant cab

Ampeg straight cab

Current back-ups:

Hohner G2T w/ Seymour Duncans (until I finally get my Daisy Rock)

Peavey Classic 50

Same cabs

I've still got my Windsor Studio combo for gigs when it's not practical to bring the stack with me... but I've returned to considering my full stack to be my "main" rig, cumbersome as it is, because the SOUND is just so much better than anything I've been able to coax out of any combo.

• Members
I'm too busy watching the Veeps bickering right now to take pictures, so I'll just describe my "go-to" rig as it now stands:

Gibson Les Paul Goddess

No Pedals

Modified Epiphone SoCal 50 head

Peavey MS-412 slant cab

Ampeg straight cab

Current back-ups:

Hohner G2T w/ Seymour Duncans (until I finally get my Daisy Rock)

Peavey Classic 50

Same cabs

I've still got my Windsor Studio combo for gigs when it's not practical to bring the stack with me... but I've returned to considering my full stack to be my "main" rig, cumbersome as it is, because the SOUND is just so much better than anything I've been able to coax out of any combo.

Nice setup! :thu:

BTW, what Daisy Rock you thinking of getting? Also, when you do get one, you may have to replace the pickups. I tried out a Daisy Rock, when I bought my Ibby. Unfortunately, the pickups were highly microphonic when I tried it out through an Orange Rockerverb 100 running high gain.

• Members
Awwww. Bummer!! I feel for you!

Nice setup!

BTW, what Daisy Rock you thinking of getting
? Also, when you do get one, you may have to replace the pickups. I tried out a Daisy Rock, when I bought my Ibby. Unfortunately, the pickups were highly microphonic when I tried it out through an Orange Rockerverb 100 running high gain.

Hope you dont mind my nosiness but I happen to have a Daisy Rock Stardust Retro-H that was aqcuired as a SDOTD a while back that was going to be a project to get a better paintjob on it (something less....well...gay...than sparkle blue). It's just been laying around my house collecting dust as i don't have the balls to strip it and paint it yet, but if you happen to be in the market for a DR then toss me an offer, i'm open to trades or straight cash. PM me.

Archived