som quick advice to reassure me please

chrisebrooks06

• Members

heres the story:

bascially 6 months ago i bought a epi gothic explorer from a really nice guy on the bay, i was happy with his dealing of the transaction so i kept in touch with him, as he sold pedals and strings etc.

the guitar was sold as new and today i recieved an email saying he has been accused by other buyers as selling fake guitars, i dont know whether its true or not, but it was enough to make me worry about the guitar i bought from him.

how do i tell if its real heres the pics i have inc the crappy delivery box it survived the journed in.

serial number:

007-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

im sure the guitar is ok, cos the sellers feedback was top notch but any advice from you guys would be appreciated

thanks

chris

• Members

I wouldn't worry about it. If you paid more than the "new" price, it's probably a rip. But if you got it at a decent price, you're okay.

Also - it is totally possible that this guy was dealing in BOTH counterfeit guitars and real ones. Possibly without his own knowledge. These days, some sellers are just opportunistic entrepreneurs looking to make a buck. I'd be suprised if most of them could tell the difference anyway.

So, take it with a grain of salt. But I doubt that anyone's selling fake Epi's. And even so, it's probably coming from China anyway...so what's the diff?

• Members

Did you take off the "Made in ..." sticker? I can see the adhesive. Where did it say it was made? If he is a retailer, he shouldn't be taking off that sticker.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the box was the box that the guy who ordered from Musoland got: They do make a goth explorer, too:

http://www.musoland.com.cn/list.asp?ProdId=0857

Dude! It's a fake!!!! Check out your serial # and the one on the musoland site - only off by 3 digits. That's too close in my book. Go after the douchbag. Post his name and ebay listing here and anywhere else you can think of.

• Members

Did you take off the "Made in ..." sticker? I can see the adhesive. Where did it say it was made? If he is a retailer, he shouldn't be taking off that sticker.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the box was the box that the guy who ordered from Musoland got: They do make a goth explorer, too:

Dude! It's a fake!!!! Check out your serial # and the one on the musoland site - only off by 3 digits. That's too close in my book. Go after the douchbag. Post his name and ebay listing here and anywhere else you can think of.

no i didnt take it off, anther slight concern

Archived