Played another disappointing US Strat

GuitarHitman

• Members

I went to try out some amps today and asked to play a Strat and was handed a Highway 1 Strat... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Action was nothing special and the bridge was setup very badly... nevermind, stuff you can adjust yourself.... but it sounded seriously dull :confused: It sounded like it was made of plywood or something :facepalm:

What is it with all the bad guitars coming out of the US :mad: I've played several bad US Strats, Gibson are known for QC issues too and have one that developed a bad nut myself... I've played more Korean guitars that play and come as standard with a better setup than US guitars :facepalm:

Japanese guitars is where it's at now :o US guitars are has beens :poke:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went to try out some amps today and asked to play a Strat and was handed a Highway 1 Strat...
:facepalm:

Action was nothing special and the bridge was setup very badly... nevermind, stuff you can adjust yourself.... but it sounded seriously dull
:confused:
It sounded like it was made of plywood or something

What is it with all the bad guitars coming out of the US
:mad:
I've played several bad US Strats, Gibson are known for QC issues too and have one that developed a bad nut myself... I've played more Korean guitars that play and come as standard with a better setup than US guitars

Japanese guitars is where it's at now
:o
US guitars are has beens :poke:

Nice generalization based on a poorly set-up highway one. U.S are "has beens"? I suppose you haven't played anything by G&L, Hamer or PRS; not to mention Suhr Grosh. I've owned ESPs that don't come remotely close to my G&Ls. Am I going to say all Japanese guitars suck? I am hardly that stupid.

• Members

I own plenty of fine, fine US-made guitars. You need to get off your soap box and try more guitars than just Gibson and Fender.

Listen to this dude, he's right, try something else besides Gibson & Fender, I'm so tired these days that it seems like most people only wanna try Gibson & Fender and nothing else is better or nothing else exists but those.

I get so much {censored} in my face of people telling me my ESP LTD EC-400 is a ripp off a Gibson LP, and that it is nothing compared to a Gibson and ....bla bla bla bla bla...I don't care, I like the sound and feel of it, the name on the headstock means nothing to me.

They don't ever shut up, they don't get me anyway...I can fight for hours with people just because of it...I dig em Fenders allright, no Gibson fan really, I would so have a PRS, ESP, Ibanez, Reverend, Ernie Ball, Manson, whatever other cool brand but Gibson...When I say this, Gibson lovers hate me and hate me...until no end...There is an army of Gibson admirers.

I like guitars not everyone else are playing, makes it more personal...I'd love my next guitar to be of another brand, I like to mix 'em up. Instead of people who have like 5 SG's & 5 LP's...wtf is the point of that...

• Members

For years I have sworn off fender (all my fender like stuff is warmoth), but the other day, I was demoing pedals with a couple new US strats, and they were much better than the ones I have tried in the fast. In fact, had I had the cash, one of htem would have come home with me.

• Members
Well that's me screwed.

I have a Gibson and Fender and I didn't realise that they were pieces of crap
:idk:

I better sell them and get me a Strat and LP copy....

Yeah ..
sure
I will ....

Send them over to me! I'd be glad to get you a couple of ESPs for them!

• Members

My 07 American Standard is fourth best Strat I've ever played, and the other three were very, very old. It has character and soul - things I wouldn't and didn't expect from a mass-produced guitar with a poly finish. It sings, it quacks, and it can sound incredibly plasticy and irritating too, just like the classic ones. If you make 'em too perfect, they stop being Strats.

• Members

I used to own a hwy 1 strat, loved it, great playing and sounding guitar. I sold it because I had 5 strats, which include a '74 strat and an srv sig model, but it was a good guitar.

I'm not real keen on the '08 american standards myself, but a lot of people report that they have good ones and I'm sure they do.

Try and srv sig model - I love mine.

• Members

Highway 1 Strats are great guitars. A buddy of mine has one, it's a well made workhorse of a guitar, but to base all U.S. guitars on a poorly set up Highway 1 is pure ignorance. Yes, Fender and Gibson products are overrated, but you can say the same, or even more, about U.K. brands like Rickenbacker. But honestly, I'm getting tired of all the lower end Fender and Gibson guitars, but unfortunately I wasn't born in the age when you could buy a high quality instrument with the same amount of money that you pay for these knock offs.

Archived