I think I use my pinky too much

deluxe74

• Members

Whenever I bend strings below the 7th fret I always use my pinky instead of my ring finger. Same with barre chords. I wasn't taught that way but it just feels natural. Any of you use your pinky alot on the lower frets aswell? I hope I'm not letting that get in the way of my playing...

• Members

I use whichever finger is nearest to the note I need to hit. For a Dsus4 shape or a major-third pull-off on a high-string lick -- wherever it is on the fretboard -- pinky's the boy for the job.

You've got four fingers (and a thumb) on each hand for a REASON.

• Members

in my drumming, i actually got a lot from my pinky for stick control, so i'm glad it kinda moved over to guitar.

movin my feet helped with pedal steel, too.

learning to be a good drummer would be one of the BEST things you can do as a musician. keeping time and limb independence is KEY.

• Members
in my drumming, i actually got a lot from my pinky for stick control, so i'm glad it kinda moved over to guitar.

movin my feet helped with pedal steel, too.

learning to be a good drummer would be one of the BEST things you can do as a musician. keeping time and limb independence is KEY.

Yeah I've been drumming and guitaring for 14 years equal so I guess it's a drummer thang.:thu:

Archived