Floyd LP #2 on Ebay GMW

Digital Jams

• Members
Originally posted by GuitarRules

Wow!...very nice.....but with a Maple fret board I am wonderinghow that thing is going to sound. I am thinking VERY bright.

Beautiful guitar though and it looks like top notch work!

One piece Mahagony back, not bright at all. www.gmwguitars.com

Look at his custom page for other creations, including LP guitars.

• Members

I know its a mahogany back but it also has a maple top AND a maple neck (LP is a mahogany neck).....that is going to change the sound of that paul significantly I would think. Post some sound clips, hehe. That thing is definately nice though.

• Members

I know its a mahogany back but it also has a maple top AND a maple neck (LP is a mahogany neck).....that is going to change the sound of that paul significantly I would think. Post some sound clips, hehe. That thing is definately nice though.

I hear ya, imo it would be a little brighter than a stock LP but not ice pick. Slight amp eq tweek shouold get you back to normal.

• Members

I like the idea of a Floyd Rose on a Les Paull but that guitar is just ugly as {censored}. Blue Quilt? barf. Maple fretboard just looks wrong. Should be ebony or rosewood. I hate when maple fretboards also have light colored inlays. You're like, "I kind of see something is there...is that an inlay?"

I've seen far better looking LP's with Floyd's. NO SALE!

• Members

Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad

I like the idea of a Floyd Rose on a Les Paull but that guitar is just ugly as {censored}.
Blue Quilt
? barf. Maple fretboard just looks wrong. Should be ebony or rosewood. I hate when maple fretboards also have light colored inlays. You're like, "I kind of see something is there...is that an inlay?"

I've seen far better looking LP's with Floyd's. NO SALE!

I suppose Lee could have put the plastic ones back in. You don't like a maple fret board????

• Members

The neck looks like mahogany. Just the fretboard is maple, and you still have the 24.75" scale, so it might sound more like an LP with an ebony board than a (maple fretboard) strat with 2 humbuckers since the scale contributes a lot to the "snappiness" and brightness, IMO. However, I'm not saying I'd pay 3500. . . or even 750, but it might not sound *that* bad. . .

• 3 years later...

Archived