AHHHH!!! Reverend goes.. odd!

sqrnookle

• Members

So I was browsing the Reverend website (as one does, usually drooling) when I headed back to the main bolt-on neck page and suddenly...

...ALL THE P90S CHANGED TO BLACK!

Okay, okay, I know these things can be changed, but seriously - which of these looks better?

This:

charger290.jpg

or this:

charger_290_mgld.jpg?

It's also the fact that ALL of Reverends P90s are black - which is fine on some, but not all. Just a strange thing to do...

• Members

So I was browsing the Reverend website (as one does, usually drooling) when I headed back to the main
bolt-on neck page
and suddenly...

...ALL THE P90S CHANGED TO BLACK!

Okay, okay, I know these things can be changed, but seriously - which of these looks better?

This:

charger290.jpg
or this:

charger_290_mgld.jpg
?

It's also the fact that ALL of Reverends P90s are black - which is fine on some, but not all. Just a strange thing to do...

That looks better in black. :love: IMO

• Members

Good topic for me, cuz I do have a question.

I thinking about buying a chrome P-90 cover for this dude.

LPStudiowBFG003.jpg

So after you unscrew the height screws, does the cover lift off the same as on a strat pup or is the damn thing waxed on there like an HB cover????

Thank you so kindly for your consideration and responses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

...not sure if you're still after the answer, but I was just browsing;

There are two long screws on P90s that are situated between the A&D string and G&B string. These go through and down into the body and on the other side of the pickup you will have two spring coils, more or less the same as what you get on single coil pickups. They control the height of the pickup as well as keeping them in place.

So, swapping the covers is pretty easy;

*Unscrew the two screws mentioned above and the P90 will pop out.

*Be sure to keep these safe!!

*Take your screwdriver and place it on one of the central bobbin coils of the P90, the G or the D one, press down slightly whilst you keep your finger either side of the cover.

*The main part of the pickup should then separate from the cover.

*Get your new cover and place it over the pickup so the bobbins click into place.

*Put the two long screws back through the pickup.

*Screw back into place in the body.

*Adjust the height to taste.

HTH. :)

Archived