OT: The lost generation

cg_25

• Members

So, I have this assignment for school (english class) and I have to analyze a literacy period/movement. The one I've chosen is known as "The Lost Generation" and spans from World War I to the Great Depression. I have to choose an author to analze within this movement and so I've narrowed down my options to:

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Or

Ernest Hemingway

Can anyone reccomend one of their pieces of work . If I get stuck I can switch to analzing the harlem Renissance period, but unfortunatly I can't find anything that intrests me withing that period.

(I also posted this question in guitar jam, but I spend more time here) :bor:

• Members
So, I have this assignment for school (english class) and I have to analyze a literacy period/movement. The one I've chosen is known as "The Lost Generation" and spans from World War I to the Great Depression. I have to choose an author to analze within this movement and so I've narrowed down my options to:

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Or

Ernest Hemingway

Can anyone
reccomend one of their pieces of work
. If I get stuck I can switch to analzing the harlem Renissance period, but unfortunatly I can't find anything that intrests me withing that period.

(I also posted this question in guitar jam, but I spend more time here)
:bor:

OK, The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway (who was not only a contemporary, but a friend of F. Scott Fitzgerald's) is another book often cited as representing the "Lost Generation."

• Members

There's that Mike Binder movie where he talks his wife (Hemingway) into a threesome with another girl, but then the girls like it so much that Mike can't keep up and gets jealous.

Funny stuff.

Wait. Mariel Hemingway. Right?

fail

• Members

single worst book ever, hop on pop has more literary value than old man

how bout of mice and men?

I like Steinbeck, but he was not known as a lost generation writer. Old Man is perfect for college papers because of the short length. I think I may have done one on it way back when.

And I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.

The Old Man and the Sea led to numerous accolades for Hemingway, including the 1953 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. He also earned the Award of Merit Medal for the Novel from the American Academy of Letters that same year. Most prestigiously, the Nobel Prize in Literature came in 1954, "for his mastery of the art of narrative, most recently demonstrated in The Old Man and the Sea, and for the influence that he has exerted on contemporary style."[2]

Besides, I like fishing.:thu:

Archived