whats the best guitar for under a grand (new)

fuzzylogic220

• Members

Im wanting a new guitar this christmas so im going to use the no intrest thing at MF and get something and pay it off b4 the intrest kicks in.... so what should i get?

right now i have a Gibson LP Custom.

Im really open to anything.... Strat, tele, ......anything..... i like every "style" of guitar.

whatda got?

• Members

SG Faded
Les Paul Vintage Mahogany
Fender American Standard Strat or Tele at $984 (solid colors only; bursts take you over a grand)
Fender Highway 1 Strat or Tele
Fender Classic Players Strat or Tele (Classic 50's Strat, Classic 60's Strat, Baja Tele, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, all very good)
Gretsch Electromatic (any of several different models)
Epiphone Slash Les Paul (if you can find one)

• Members

You can still get a Gibson SG Classic with twin P-90's for $999 from each of the Big-3 on-line vendors.

If you're interested in adding a "Made in USA" Gibson to your collection, it's hard to beat the SG Classic for sheer value -- awesome tone, awesome shape, neck binding, and an inlaid "Gibson" moniker in the headstock.

SG Classics go on sale once or twice a year, so if you pair this up with a 10% off coupon, you can really get a great deal.

472304jpg.jpg

• Members

Im wanting a new guitar this christmas so im going to use the no intrest thing at MF and get something and pay it off b4 the intrest kicks in.... so what should i get?

right now i have a Gibson LP Custom.

Im really open to anything.... Strat, tele, ......anything..... i like every "style" of guitar.

whatda got?

Dude, the new Fernandes are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

• Members
You can still get a Gibson SG Classic with twin P-90's for $999 from each of the
Big-3 on-line vendors

If you're interested in adding a "Made in USA" Gibson to your collection, it's hard to beat the SG Classic for sheer value -- awesome tone, awesome shape, neck binding, and an inlaid "Gibson" moniker in the headstock.

SG Classics go on sale once or twice a year, so if you pair this up with a 10% off coupon, you can really get a great deal.

472304jpg.jpg

Those are great guitars, but I can't believe they get away with not including a case for a guitar for which they are charging $999.

• Members

Carvin DC127 on sale for $799

Case and shipping would probably add another $100, leaving you $100 for options. Such as stainless steel frets for $40, Straplocks for $10, and mother of pearl block inlays for $50.

Think about it. You would have a brand new American guitar with neck through design, locking tuners, ebony board and stainless frets for $999.

• Members

Apparently, 90% of you people can't read a question.. He wants to spend $1000 WITH MUSICIANS FRIEND! What most of you are suggesting, he can't get at MF.. :facepalm:

If I HAD to spend $1000 at MF, I'd get an Ibanez RG1570 or RG1570R IF and only if, you like the Ibanez Wizard neck.. My hand won't tolerate such a thin, flat neck, so I had to sell mine a couple years ago. But, the guitar itself is great otherwise.. I wish Ibanez made a high end RG model with the Wizard II neck.. My hand gets along with that one..

But yeah, that's what I'd buy from MF for that money..

Archived