Is YouTube the best place to get inspiration?

bullpink

• Members

I finally made the move from dial up to high speed, so I never even tried to get onto YouTube. Wow!

Actually, it was HC that got me to go high speed with all the YouTube clips that you guys were showing.

Anyway, where does YouTube fit in to your guitar playing inspirations/ideas/learning experiences/etc?

• Members

I would say absolutely and 100%

This is truely a case where "best" fits.

Nowhere else on earth can you have instant access not only to the sounds of your favorite music, but being able to watch the artists play at the same time is invaluable, and there is more stuff on youtube including instructional stuff, lessons, etc. to last a guitarist for way longer than he will ever live.

I challenge someone to find a better source of instant access to just about any genera of music FOR FREE, that you can imagine.

I am an old guy.

THey didnt have this {censored} when I was a kid and was learning music. We did it the hard way.

We actually had to save up our money, go out and get a new record every week, or month or whatever we could afford, tear the record apart learning all the licks and riffs, and then we would have to wait till we had enough money saved up until we could get the next one.

Youtube is awesome for musicians looking for instant inspiration an a massive scale.

• Members

You tube is a great way to hear artists you've never heard and listen to gear demos. I only wish their audio compression was a bit better, but as it is, it's very useful.

have fun, but keep an eye on the clock if you need to be somewhere. Time can really escape you in the throws of a you tube binge. ;)

Archived