How do you make a SG better?

NOS68

• Members

I loved mine but the pulling on my shoulder drove me crazy. it was like part actually bothering me and it was part "with so many other guitars why would I play one that doesn't balance". I did a good (or bad) thing. I moved the strap button (not the one on the neck the other one) to the front of the guitar. basically it is exactly where the input jack would be if it was on the opposite side of the bridge (meaning on the upper part of the body near the end of the guitar not on the lower part near the end). well it balanced just perfectly. sure it does not look traditional with a strap wrapping over the top but it feel great. what do I care I did not buy it to sell it.

• Members
Did installing this thing affect your tone or set up at all?

I just got done giving her a small workout through my Frenzel, if anything adding the Bigsby thickened the tone a bit. I should have plugged on before I added it. I've been playing the Classic alot lately (new girl in the stable and all) so the Faded's tone wasn't fresh in my head. So to boil it down go for it, it isn't going to hurt your tone one bit.:thu:

I did have to give her a minor set-up. I had to notch the pg to fit so I had to remove the bridge studs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived