$600,000 Gibson LP

Khronos

• Members

That's AUD, it's actually 385,000 US dollars, flippin bargain:)

I'm a bit confused as to how if the pickup covers are original soldered and untouched how they know there's a zebra and a double creme under there:idk:

I thought they only ever used black bobbins in the covered 50s PAFs

Good question, but Gibson ran out of the black dye for the bobbins, and white (undyed) ones were used randomly,so you'd get b/b,b/w (zebra),and w/w.

• Members

Good question, but Gibson ran out of the black dye for the bobbins, and white (undyed) ones were used randomly,so you'd get b/b,b/w (zebra),and w/w.

Yes, and this occurs only in 1959 models, I believe.

If you pull a PAF out of the guitar and look at it from the back, you can see the edge of the bobbins around the baseplate. So they would be able to tell the color of the bobbins.

That's nice...juuuuuust a little outside of my budget.:poke:

• Members

That's AUD, it's actually 385,000 US dollars, flippin bargain:)

I'm a bit confused as to how if the pickup covers are original soldered and untouched how they know there's a zebra and a double creme under there:idk:

I thought they only ever used black bobbins in the covered 50s PAFs

you can see the bobbin color when you take off the 4 small screws on the baseplate.

• Members

Yes, and this occurs only in 1959 models, I believe.

If you pull a PAF out of the guitar and look at it from the back, you can see the edge of the bobbins around the baseplate. So they would be able to tell the color of the bobbins.

That's nice...juuuuuust a little outside of my budget.:poke:

With gold plated pickups you could get white bobbined PAFs until the mid 60's

Archived