Help me decide on a guitar...

Electric Storm

• Members

It is between a Peavey Wolfgang Standard and a Jackson RR1. Both cost around two thousand. I already have an EB MM EVH (see photo) which I suppose is sort of like a Wolfgang. Then again, Wolfgangs are no longer in production which is one reason I narrowed it down. Both EVH and Rhoads are my two all-time favorite guitar players so this is a real tough choice. WHich of these guitars do or would you prefer, and which would be better suited for me?

I play thrash metal, bluesy hard rock and classical.

• Members

I had a peavey wolfgang std hardtail for a few years but had to sell it (needed the money).In 30 or so years I have never played/had a better guitar,it was a screamer.The neck had a kind of broke in feel,wicked smooth and fast as hell.The PU's are amazing from clean and bell like to screaming hell.The prices have gone up a bit seeing they discontinued them but you could probably find a good one for around 1200 to 1500 bucks.The only wierd thing was to get used to the PU selector switch being backwards.Up was the bridge PU and down was the neck PU.Edward had Peavey wire them that way so when he tapped he wouldnt hit the switch by mistake and hit the switch into the up/neck PU.

• Members
for $2K I'd look for something else - PRS most likely. Botgh of those guys did what they did with their gear because they were individuals - why not be one yourself versus copy them?

Well he's not asking you what you want.Buying a PRS is somehow going to individualize him from everyone else?:blah:

• Members

In 30 or so years I have never played/had a better guitar,it was a screamer.The neck had a kind of broke in feel,wicked smooth and fast as hell.The PU's are amazing from clean and bell like to screaming hell..

Yeah that is how I feel with the Musicman. The perfect guitar in my opinion. I guess with the Peavey I am just hoping for something just like the EB.

• Members

I'd go with the Wolfgang.

Me too. I had a MIJ RR with neck thru, not a bad guitar at all, but it was just about impossible for me to play sitting down. Much worse than a Gibson V since the spread is wider and the upper wing is huge. Plus I think I'd dig the tone more on the Wolfgang.

Archived