Live.com Forgive me but...

StratoSlacker

• Members

When I used it I search Toshiba, IBM and Wii in Live.com. All used to give eBay links thru cashback. I cannot try it now in my office, tho.

Yeah, the important thing is there are only certain search terms you can use on Live.com that will click through to a cashback eBay auction, once you're there though you can move around eBay and buy what you really want.

• Members
Yeah, the important thing is there are only certain search terms you can use on Live.com that will click through to a cashback eBay auction, once you're there though you can move around eBay and buy what you really want.

Yes, I never bought Toshiba, IBM or Wii. These are the words that got me thru cashback program. I bought other things. :thu:

• Members

Here's how I got it to work:

1. Log into ebay.

2. Next, go to live.com, enter "wii" in the search box.

3. Click through the XX% off link for ebay.

4. Enter whatever you want in the e-bay search box. You can only use the % off on BUY IT NOW items, and you have to purchase within 60 minutes (session is only active for 60min).

5. When you find the BIN item you want, click "Buy It Now". On the next screen, BEFORE YOU CONFIRM your purchase, make sure the % off amount is shown below the purchase price. If so, you will get your cashback (after 60 days)...continue by confirming.

6. Register at Live.com and make sure your e-bay account is linked to your live.com account. This is somewhere in your account settings. I did this long ago, so I'm not exactly sure where it is.

7. Wait 60 days

8. Withdraw the money from Live.com into Paypal

9. Buy more stuff.

FYI--The first purchase required me to wait a few days before it showed up in my live.com account. So, don't panic if it's not there right away, or even the next morning.

The live help for live.com was actually quite helpful, too. I asked them a couple times when the cashback would show up in my live account.

• Members

Solid, thanks GibsonQC. Should she do your step 6 before step 5 though?

You don't have to. Actually, eBay will supply you with a message in MyEbay after the purchase that also allows you to link through and make sure it's connected to your account.

• Members

Just a tip if you don't see the cashback icon. Close your browser and try clearing out your browser cache and then go directly to live.com and do a search from there. If you've been surfing all over e-Bay and then try to get to an item using live.com if there is a cookie or something it will not bring up the cashback icon. Its happened to me a lot of times.

Another thing that helped me is that sometimes the search term doesn't bring up the cashback link. If you've found an item, put it in your watch items list first, go through the above steps and use something like 'axis' as your search term, click the cashback/e-bay link, log into e-Bay and buy the item.

Sounds a lot harder then it is.

Just remember that it has to be BIN items paid with PayPal only. Try to avoid auctions that redirect you to their goofy little store to pay. I just got done sending emails to paypal, live.com and e-bay to figure out why my cashback email never arrived and I think it is because when I went to pay I was redirected temporarily. If e-Bay doesn't report the item as being paid with PayPal directly then it never gets to microsoft.

• Members
Does cashback apply to shipping as well, or not?

No...purchase price only.

I do the wii search and when I get into the first eBay screen I click on My eBay and any item I have been previously watching etc. (with a BIN) has the green cash back symbol. I was dissappointed to find the cash back went back to 25% today. :( beats a poke in the eye.

Archived