Musicians making good Actors

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then it hit me... guys like that, all of them in fact, come from the same pool as the "thespian kids" in high school. Remember those guys? Joined together at the clique? Self important. The kind of creepy geekdom that had more to do with ego than genuine passion and interest.

:eek:

WOW!!!! So that's what some folks thought about the "thespian society". I was anything BUT cliquish in high school and theater probably offered some of the most enlightening experiences throughout my entire high school education. I was never one much for standing the limelight, but rather filtering and aiming the limelight from the catwalk and control booth. Also, I earned my thespian merits by running sound, being a stage manager, and working on make-up and costuming crews. Some of the "star" actors/actresses were very full of themselves but, for the most part, theater was one of the most enjoyable and memorable events that I ever participated in while I was in high school. Get into the stagecraft, and there you will find the passion of the art.... the stagecraft people always threw better cast parties than the actors too.... ;)

• Members

Actors are narcissistic twerps.

Musicians are always late and fail to recognize the value of structure.

There... I said it.

I used to look up to actors. 20 years ago I looked at guys like James Wood with awe. Then it hit me... guys like that, all of them in fact, come from the same pool as the "thespian kids" in high school. Remember those guys? Joined together at the clique? Self important. The kind of creepy geekdom that had more to do with ego than genuine passion and interest.

I still flash on that occasionally. When I watch Brad Pitt in Fight Club I think "Wow". Then I see a 5 second clip of him and what's her name walking down Rodeo Drive it hits me... The Thespian Club! Bleck.

i feel the same way about spastic band geeks and retards that thought they were the rock gods' gift to women because they could play a weak sax solo or 3 chords and sing horrible cheesy songs with an affected voice back in high school.

• Moderators

i feel the same way about spastic band geeks and retards that thought they were the rock gods' gift to women because they could play a weak sax solo or 3 chords and sing horrible cheesy songs with an affected voice back in high school.

Me too!

Archived