NGD X 2!!!! FA Sheena and FA V-stack

Fagmotron 3000

• Members

HNGD

&

HNGD.

Those Sheena's are a steal. Pickups are golden. I used some lemon oil on the board. If you want to seal it up, Tung oil should do the trick.

J&R has had those V-stack models as low as $84 and they seem to change their prices hourly so it's worth it to keep checking until they have a price you like.

• Members
Just ordered a blue Sheena last night thanks to you guys...

I hear the red ones are now in stock for the same price...must...resist...

Nope, the red ones aren't showing up on either J&R or FA site. :idk: Good thing too, because I ordered a blue one from FA even though I liked the red ones better.

• Members

Well, I've been pretty busy but yesterday I got a chance to play around with both these guitars for a few hours.

Vstack- I was able to get the action on this thing as low as any other guitar I have ever had, and I've had around 15. It is really fantastic. I am getting used to the onboard distortion, but have actually been using it as an overdrive. What I will do is turn the preamp on but have distortion off, then crank the master volume knob on the preamp. This makes the signal from the guitar a lot stronger, and it will overdrive my FA 881 nicely, as well as my other amps.

Sheena-No new developments, but I still love it. This is just a really high quality guitar, and not just "for the money."

BTW, the bridges on these are great. There is a ton of travel in the saddles for available intonation, and they allen heads to adjust them are at an angel so they are not directly under the strings so it is easier to access them.

Archived