I have committed an act of snorkeldickery

mnewb1

• Members

I was at Elderly instruments in Lansing today and put a 2006 single cut trem in satin blue matteo on lay away.

I know I'm going to get flack for this but I am taking the Am Std Strat and Tele in to trade for this guitar. I will still have a little paying to do after that, so it's going to be awhile before I post NGD.

In my defense, not only is this thing absolutely beautiful but it plays like an absolute dream. About a year ago when I tried out a bunch of PRS guitars I wasn't too crazy about the necks. But this guitar was simply amazing. I played a bunch of them while I was there, and while many of them were actually good, this thing just sang for me.

:):love:

• Members

Congrats. I'm a bolt-on Snorkeldick myself.
:thu:

DSC01824.jpg

I am constantly amazed at how beautiful these guitars are.

I have a feeling I'm going to be driving to Lansing a lot for conjugal visits with my "baby" until I can spring her and bring her home.

• Members

Can you please fully define a Snorkledick,

Thanks

as i understand it, "snorkledicks" are people who purchase boutique, high-end gear, presumably for the main (or sole) purpose of acquiring and collecting it like someone might collect fine art or sculpture.

i encourage anyone to keep me honest if i've mis-defined the term.

• Members

If memory serves me ( and often does not) the term snorkeldick originated from an interview with a guitar player ( don't remember name) who referred to individuals who purchase PRS guitars as snorkeldicks. Make your own meaning beyond that.

• Members

If memory serves me ( and often does not) the term snorkeldick originated from an interview with a guitar player ( don't remember name) who referred to individuals who purchase PRS guitars as snorkeldicks. Make your own meaning beyond that.

Yeah, I remember reading that. It went something like: "Every time I see a guy onstage playing a PRS all I can think is how much he looks like a snorkledick".

It's gonna drive me nuts trying to remember what the exact quote is & who said it. :facepalm:

OP, PRSs are VERY nice guitars regardless of what the haters say.

• Members

mnewb1: "Hi, I'm mnewb1, and I'm a snorkeldick."

All: "Hi mnewb1!"

Personally, I'm a snorkeldick wannabe. My CE24 and Standard 24 were both purchased used with scratches so I could gig with them without worry.

Next time you are at Elderly, get, and then post, PICS!

• Members

Snorkeldickery I can handle. No picture I say sonabitch.
:cop:

actually I was hoping to pull the pictures from Elderly's website and post them, but by the time I got home they had taken the listing down. That was quick. So I am going to email and ask them to send the pictures in a file. I'll post as soon as I can.

:)

Archived