Indie Guitars

GuitarHitman

• Members

Does anyone here own an Indie guitar or ever played one :confused:

I'm GASsing for one of their hollow bodies but they have mixed reviews :poke:

All of the bad reviews seem to be from a few years ago whilst the newer ones seem to be better as if a customer blew a fuse one day and came and kicked some heads :mad: It also had a good write up in a UK magazine this month :o

The guitar in question is this one:

dcstripecustomlg1.jpg

• Members

i have the indie irk500 rickenbacker copy and it's an amazing guitar. not sure what their new guitars are like in general, but there's a glowing review of the guitar you're looking at in total guitar this month

That's why I'm currently GAS'sing for this guitar :cry:

It's gonna either be this or a PRS SE Soapbar Semi Hollow :o

My main concern though is slipping it by the other half. :facepalm:

I will have to win a competition or something :confused:

• Members

My local Australian Guitar Magazine has had reviews of a whole bunch of Indie stuff, and aside from the company's logo - which is either like it or don't - they've gotten totally positive reviews, especially in regards to the pickups. Methinks the current generation of Indie stuff is totally gigworthy.

Also - apparently Indie now have 4 factories building nothing but Indie stuff. One for electrics, one for acoustics, one for amps, and one dedicated solely to pickups.

I have to say, this is givin' me GAS:

traditional9_large.jpg

• Members

My local
Australian Guitar Magazine
has had reviews of a whole bunch of Indie stuff, and aside from the company's logo - which is either like it or don't - they've gotten totally positive reviews, especially in regards to the pickups. Methinks the current generation of Indie stuff is totally gigworthy.

I have to say, this is givin' me GAS:

traditional9_large.jpg

:eek:

With you on the GAS, man...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

More, you say?
:D

And lastly, a PRS-esque blonde:

traditional2_large.jpg

FYI, I have also been looking at them and I wonder if they use the same Korean build house as Tokai's Korean models... *appears*...

TokaiTRSBlondCFAngleWow1500.jpg

TokaiTRSBlondCFrHeadstock1400.jpg

TokaiTRSBlondFF1700.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the scooping around the pots being visibly darker. I definitely like the color of the blonde better, but the grey hides that much better.

indie_ipr_tb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived