New Eastwood Model

ArKay

• Members

Love it. Probably a tapped humbucker or something similar to the P-rails. It's set neck, too, which is great. I hate that set neck teles are always gaudy and non-traditional (which I said in the last thread).

There is just something wrong about a Tele w/one pup

They've got a name for those.

fenderEsquire7018.jpg

• Members

It's awful!!!! I've owned 3 Eastwoods, all very nice guitars but Mike went wrong with this one. The headstock is MUGLY and that pickup just doesn't fit the history of that shape. He had a proto of that thing at last years NAMM that was awesome, it's was pretty much a bound Nashville Tele. This is just all kinds of FAIL!!!!!!

• Members

It's awful!!!! I've owned 3 Eastwoods, all very nice guitars but Mike went wrong with this one. The headstock is MUGLY and that pickup just doesn't fit the history of that shape. He had a proto of that thing at last years NAMM that was awesome, it's was pretty much a bound Nashville Tele. This is just all kinds of FAIL!!!!!!

That headstock was used on their reverse Firebirds, too. Not a fan, but it's a pretty low priority on my list of "what makes a guitar cool."

• Members

Intriguing guitar for sure... Maybe they will be selling the pickup separately?

Tones are pretty awesome!! Looks like a well made guitar too.

Can it do tele tones as well?

BTW..... Wassssssup Arkay!!!!! Good to see you, man!

Thanks guys, doing fine. The wife has been staying with me here in Germany since mid-December. :)

• Members

sigh, how long do we have to wait for the 2 pickup version?

make a monolith pup with jazz humbucker sound, p90, and strat neck sound to match that bridge and it will be a ridiculously good guitar

you KNOW this model is already in the works... so I can't spend money on the bridge only version cause its just a matter of time....

I love how the advertising blurb says no one ever thought of a pickup with 3 different sounds. Vox Virage, anyone?

or the duncan p-rails, which isn't even that old for goodness sake

• Members

And where have you been young man?

:cop:

Well, it's a long story... :blah:

I bought three houses on interest only loans in late 2006 with the idea that I could flip them and make some sweet, sweet cash. I was going to use the profits to fund my life-long dream of building the world's largest replica of the Mall of America made completely out of cottage cheese. Unfortunately, the bubble in the housing market burst, and I had to resort to renting the houses out to some Moroccan entrepreneurs who used the houses to stage a series of less than legal hobo vs. animal fighting events. After the fights were busted I called my accountant, Bernie, to cash out my investments so I could put them towards my legal fund. Turns out he was a little more concerned about his own legal fund. I just logged on to see if I got any emails from a Nigerian Prince while I've been away and thought I'd drop in here to see how everyone else is doing.

Archived