I Love My Les Pauls!

Crisco

• Members

I like that SG custom! I have one and always thought the pickups kind of suck,but the guitar is so cool I have held on to it. How did the PU change work on yours? (and that LP is delicious too!) And what did you use?

Also did your neck on the SG seem kind of thick, or D shaped compared to the LP?

• Members

:thu:

Man o Man!! Beautiful!!

I just got a VX-500 (cuz I could never afford a Gibby) sometimes it is hard for me to put it down! I often wonder what it would be like to own one, But I could never come to spend that kind of Coin on something that will never leave my house.

• Members

I like that SG custom! I have one and always thought the pickups kind of suck,but the guitar is so cool I have held on to it. How did the PU change work on yours? (and that LP is delicious too!) And what did you use?

Also did your neck on the SG seem kind of thick, or D shaped compared to the LP?

The SG has SH-6 Distortion pickups in it.

The whole thing worked out really well. I got some push pulls for the Duncans.

This guitar can go from crazy cool to down and dirty with all that stuff.

The neck is really great and like butter to play. (Both guitars have had frets filed/crowned)

Seems the Customs' neck is vey similar to the LP, but I would lean on it's a tad flatter than the LP. Very easy to get around on.

Once the fret file was done on the LP I can hardly tell any difference between the two neckwise.

On the output scale the LP wins hands down, I think mainly cause that Dimarzio Super Distortion is sooo Hot!

• Members

I really did think I was a Strat guy until I bought my Swede! I have the Gibby in my hand right now. I have to play unplugged because Dawn is already crashed to get up early for work:cry: Wait actually no I don't my Buffalo has a headphone jack:rawk:

swededream180-1.jpgGibfull.jpg

P.S.: I still like Strats & the likes but I think I'm a LP guy now.

Archived