GFS VEH

goatman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought they sounded pretty good- I love GFS P/ups! I just purchased a set of Retrotron Nashvilles for my Gretsch!

The VEH- sounded great- I may look into it for a strat that I have laying around! The thing I hate is they do not tell you what guitar the p/ups are in- or the amp used- But to get that pickup under $40- it is a steal! I like how they use EVH's striping on the box! Shhhhhhhhhh! Ed might go after that!

• Members

Just the other day, my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas that wasn't too expensive. I think I want a set of neck and bridge in zebra. :thu:

As for the recording of ATBL, WAAAYYY to wet, common mistake with this song. Only use the flange on the C-B-C notes and then turn it off.

• Members
Alnico 5 at around 11-12k is a great recipe, I might be checking these out.

Yeah the screamin deamon is alnico 5 at around 10k and it really has some nice harmonics in it. I would like it at 11 or 12 though. May have to try this :thu:

• Members

Hey guys-

I think we rendered these to MP3 a little bit hot- sorry they were really quick and dirty...

Guitar was a 75 Strat- ash body that had already been hogged out for humbuckers and an original Floyd- VERY heavy guitar so if we have ANY high end on that beast- it should be OK on your guitar.

We've put a few sets on LPs and I think it's a really nice balance between the very clean and sometimes thin Seth lover thing and the fatter, warmer "overwound Alnico" thing.

I just put one in the bridge of a LP BFG and mated it to one of our soapbars at the neck and i think it really opened up the highs of the guitar a lot while maintaining the warmth and power...

• Members

You really should think about taking the pic of the box down. Ed's lawyers did get really C&D happy after he had the 'candy stripe' pattern trademarked a few years ago.

First of all the pattern we use is just a random Photoshop thing- and not copied from ANYTHING Van Halen related. I might even change it to the familiar "Diver Down' thing which also looks cool.

The pattern is not trademarked. We did check that out.

Their site mentions "The unique stripe design is a copyright (2001) of E.L.V.H. Inc"

Since Unique is defined as "existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics"...a generic and random array of black and white stripes over a red background is not in any way infringing.

Obviously if someone chose to market a guitar with a body that had random patterns of white and black over red there would be "Trade Dress" issues- since the entire point is to confusingly similar.

That is clearly not our intent. Nothing about this PRODUCT is confusingly similar to any other product in the marketplace at this time- other than the obvious humbucker size and shape that is now public domain. We neither claim nor imply that we have ANYTHING to do with the artist in question- never even mention him by actual name.

We have never and would never infringe upon the intellectual property of another company knowingly. Doesn't mean we're not going to be inspired by the recorded works of any number of legendary artists, many of whom DO have financial relationships with OTHER manufacturers.

• Members

First of all the pattern we use is just a random Photoshop thing- and not copied from ANYTHING Van Halen related. I might even change it to the familiar "Diver Down' thing which also looks cool.

The pattern is not trademarked. We did check that out.

Their site mentions "The unique stripe design is a copyright (2001) of E.L.V.H. Inc"

Since Unique is defined as "existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics"...a generic and random array of black and white stripes over a red background is not in any way infringing.

Obviously if someone chose to market a guitar with a body that had random patterns of white and black over red there would be "Trade Dress" issues- since the entire point is to confusingly similar.

That is clearly not our intent. Nothing about this PRODUCT is confusingly similar to any other product in the marketplace at this time- other than the obvious humbucker size and shape that is now public domain. We neither claim nor imply that we have ANYTHING to do with the artist in question- never even mention him by actual name.

We have never and would never infringe upon the intellectual property of another company knowingly. Doesn't mean we're not going to be inspired by the recorded works of any number of legendary artists, many of whom DO have financial relationships with OTHER manufacturers.

I don't even know where to begin tearing this idiocy apart..

1.) You mention "Eddie" in the ad copy..

2.) You use Eddies trademarked (better look it up again) stripes on the packaging.. There is nothing random about your packaging.. You knew damn well what youw ere trying to do..

3.) When you get the C&D letter, please post it? I'm curious what EVH's lawyers will have to say about it..

Have a nice day.. :wave:

• Members

Apologies to Ravencad-

Someone emailed me the Design trademark- Filed under "Frankenstein" for some reason-

Images fixed...

Wow that was quick. I really hope you don't run into any legal problems with this as I'm really gassin' for a pair of the zebra striped ones. :thu:

• Members

Wow that was quick. I really hope you don't run into any legal problems with this as I'm really gassin' for a pair of the zebra striped ones.
:thu:

Well as I said- we would never knowingly infringe upon anyone's intellectual property.

Should have some zebras in hand next Friday to start filling orders- then a much larger shipment in November.

Jay

• Members

What colors are you going to have available Jay? I see the Black and now Zebra- are you going to have white? I think I am going to order them for my Strat project!- BTW I received my Nashvilles the other day and am anxious to put them in my Gretsch 5120!

Great Job!

Archived