Recommend some of your Fave LIVE DVDs

GAS Man

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'know there's some VHS vids that I believe didn't make it to DVD for whatever reason.

For example the U2 Live at Red Rocks show, which caught them at their peak.

Not a great show but historical is the Pogues New Years Eve show 1988 at the Town & Country Club. Key thing is Joe Strummer's presence. I think the Shane experience needs to be in person.

• Members
Y'know there's some VHS vids that I believe didn't make it to DVD for whatever reason.

For example the U2 Live at Red Rocks show, which caught them at their peak.

Not a great show but historical is the Pogues New Years Eve show 1988 at the Town & Country Club. Key thing is Joe Strummer's presence. I think the Shane experience needs to be in person.

Yeah, I have a few like that.

e5bc828fd7a0d6e43ddb3110._AA280_.L.jpg

I mean that one IS my Favorite Brian Setzer video, and it's not out on DVD.

But you can pick up a used VHS here. I highly recommend it. This was the group when Brian was still a young raw rocker. But my favorite cut is still Gene and Eddie

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Tokyo-Stray-Cats/dp/6302336619

• Members
Some of the ones already mentioned, both Crossroads, Pulse, DG, most of the Clapton stuff.

Some other favs.

515VW7CG2CL._SS500_.jpg

This ^. Great stuff right here from the Crowes!

I'd also give a nod to the Who's Isle of Wight concert and the original Woodstock. Just saw "Isle" about three weeks ago and its been much time way too long. That was a kick ass show. The best thing was I got to see the Who live in 72'. Brings back memories for sure.

• Members
rush_in_rio_dvd.jpg

FTW !!!

S&A is definitely a keeper - very well shot and sounds great.

R30 is OK.

But RIR, even with its audio shortcomings and frenetic camera cuts is in a different league - those crazy Brazilians going nuts for Rush put it over the top.

Hell, Rush is more popular in Brazil than even David Hasselhoff is in Germany ;)

• Members
This one is good

200px-Queen_Rock_Montreal.jpg

Absolutely! This is my favorite live performance from Queen, and one of their least "typical" considering the circumstances. They were pissed off at the film's director and played the show with extra fire as a result. I think it should be a primer for how a three-piece band can dominate the stage.

• Members
51hWr1SQevL__SS500_.jpg ALIVE IN ATHENS!

and I've got a Dio DVD with about 45 minutes of Dio live in '84 in Norway? and 45 minutes live in Philly- sorry no pic but awsome footage! bump for Maiden!!!! Alive after Death was my First metal show in Lakeland FL.!!!! speaking of...hmmmmm.

Archived