Guild GAD50 or a vintage Ibanez V310TV?

fruityblues

• Members

Opinions please...

I've been wanting to get a GAD50 since it has a very good reviews for sometimes now. And now that i've save enough money and getting ready to go to the shop someone offers me this guitar :

a 1980'ish ibanez V310TV, its made in Japan and from what i've learn it has solid top and mahogany back and sides. Yikes...its a very old guitar, and it was made in Japan, that should be good right? And i probably won't see this guitar on sale again. (V310TV : V stands for Vintage series, and the TV is the color of the guitar, its in Traditional Violin)

I haven't try the Ibanez myself, but i'm going to this week end. Ow, the seller mentioned the ibanez is in perfect condition.

(But even if this ibanez sounds great, i'll probably still be thinking about the GAD50, darn it...:confused:)

Which one should i go with?

(Type in ibanez V310TV on google's image search, there are some good catalog pics on the guitar)

Thanks guys.

• Members

though I own and love a lot of older MIJ guitars, just being MIJ doesn`t mean it`s gonna be great, or even good...they made their share of crap at the time too. Don`t own either a Guild or an Ibanez so I have no comment...other than the one I just made I mean.

• Members

I'm a satisfied Ibanez owner and I happen to think their acoustics--especially the Artwood series--are severely underrated. The V310TV is gorgeous (my AW120 has a similar finish except in satin--I assume the V310TV is gloss finished) and probably an excellent guitar, as is the GAD50. However, you're also talking about a 20+ year old guitar vs. a new one with a warranty. If the equation were flipped so that you were talking about a new Ibanez vs. a 20+ year old Guild there might be a bit more to think about but in this case there isn't. No 20+ year old guitar is in perfect condition. This one is probably looking at a neck reset and possibly other structural problems, plus quite simply it's not a Guild.

• 4 years later...

Archived